Thread: Rimless Stuff

Question Rimless Stuff

Hello everyone, I had some experiences with making patterns for rimless eyewear and drilling the lenses.

I know that the Santinelli, Hilco has avery good Drilling tools and very from a point of mechanical description practical in opticianry.
    However, the pattern making process is spoiled, i have seen in practise rimless pattern maker that has a plastic pattern for the particular eyewear, but there are so many design i simply have no idea what would be the easiest way or manner in making rimless.
    Also, the rimless eyewear sometimes maybe has a demo lens which i can trace it but most of the time it doesn't.
    So what do you do then?
    Greatly appreciate the reply.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What?:hammer:

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Re: Rimless Stuff

OdTech said:
    Also, the rimless eyewear sometimes maybe has a demo lens which i can trace it but most of the time it doesn't.
    See if the manufacturers name and the frame style are on the temple. If they are and you have an account with that vendor, order a pattern from the vendor. The other choice would be to get creative and make your own shapes. You can use existing rimless shapes as long as the chasis style allows for it.

;) Thanks for the reply Joe, I will remember to do that when i get employed.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you trying to pull things together for a job interview?

Hello Jo: I made some reserch on this site and noticed, that you use the same relevant vocubulary as is used in the book "System of Ophthalmic Dispensing" by Clifford W. Brooks Irvin M. Borish.
    But the practical stuff like repairing/restoring the product a little uncommon. That'why, although i'm a student I try to get what is uasully not discussed and not demonstarted in school like in this discussion forum which is great for that I give A+++.
    But i am not yet fully knowleged with everything, so the interview is on another end of ocean, i got the time and resources to get myself prepared enough to be eligible intern or part time assistant of optician either in dispensing or lab. Thanks for the reply and info.;)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    odTech:

I just wanted to tell you that I have seen your recent posts and find your inquisitiveness refreshing. It is obvious that you have jumped into your career path headfirst with no intentions of looking back. I envy your enthusiasm and I commend you on your reasearch. We need more (guys/gals) with your spirit in the optical field.

Welcome to Optiboard, and best of luck. We hope to see you at Vision Expo.

-Johns

:D :drop: :shiner: I will be at NYC Vision Expo this March since i didn't go to the last time in NYC but just in case can you summarize the experience of the Vision Expo.
    I mean like do they show new products like Santinelli Patternless Edger and other high tech stuff, explain and give a flier but very understandable literature abou them.

By the way Mr Johns i posted an info about my skills in the Job Forum section and also do you used the book i mentioned in the post it's excelent, after three years in college and knowing all the vocabulary of professors and nothing 100% solid enough to be practically useful i began reading this particular book and realizing my mistakes and trying to be the best even though the market is in Bitter state.
    However the Vision Monday website tell that in the year 2002 optical industry made about 60 million dollars in total of all O.D's.
    thanks for the reply:cheers:

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OdTech:

I went to school at the place Laurie C teaches, and Jeff Trail speaks so highly about. ) Although it was many years before them. That book was required reading, and was a valuable resource for many years after that.

Vision Expo will have all the vendors you're interested in, and much more that just tablesw/ brochures on them. There are many products you'll be able to "test drive" while you're there.

Thread Information