Thread: H.r. 3323

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

H.r. 3323

I saw this was shared on the Facebook page but not on here (maybe I am wrong).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...bill/3323/text
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    First I saw it here. I hope it really works like it reads. You know making them pay us a fair price for what we do.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm interested to see if anything worthwhile comes out of this. I am hesitant to get my hopes up knowing this bill faces a tough climb.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hopefully it makes it out of committee so we can try to make a push to lobby our representatives to get this passed, but here's the link to the list of committee members, so if your representative is in the committee should them an email or letter so we can maybe get this passed.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jpways View Post
    Hopefully it makes it out of committee so we can try to make a push to lobby our representatives to get this passed, but here's the link to the list of committee members, so if your representative is in the committee should them an email or letter so we can maybe get this passed.
    Two of the members from PA are from Pittsburgh. One of them is the representative for my district where as the other one has the neighborhoods nearby. I will email both of them this week

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It is a big crack in the wall if it passes. Wonder if it will allow opticians to participate? Does not specify but states the Dr. cannot be forced to be credentialed so that might be an opening. We might take insurance if this passed and we could treat them as insurance folks but still offer what we do different.

Sounds good to me!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It is a big crack in the wall if it passes. Wonder if it will allow opticians to participate? Does not specify but states the Dr. cannot be forced to be credentialed so that might be an opening. We might take insurance if this passed and we could treat them as insurance folks but still offer what we do different.

Sounds good to me!
    Opticians had to fight hard to get included in a similar bill in Virginia.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Thread Information