Thread: New Qspex

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

New Qspex

So I got talked into trying Qspex, I'm impressed. I had to use them back in the day when it was in store and there was all the bulky equipment and the results where...interesting.
    I'm right by their facility in Georgia and tried the SV lens and I like it. Had a rep try the progressive, moderate rx and was in a GT2. He's digging it, said it blows the GT2 away. I know they are molded and not freeform (I intend to use them in crunches) but for what they are i wont complain. The ar is much better than it was, and by a good bit. Still a bit more sensitive to heat than I'd like though, though it's easily fixed by popping lenses out like you should any way. So moot point.
    The turnaround is amazing and the fact that they use a LDO to deliver to a pt is great.
    They wont replace my regular lab by any means, but for a rush or a job that's not high end they have become my go to.
    Anyone besides me using the new Qspex?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How do you decide who gets the non-high end job?
    We do the same work for all and alway wonder how you decide who gets the bad work?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Wont call it bad. Bad is the el cheapo stock ar lenses. I wont use a product I see as bad, or have not tried out my self and did not fully enjoy.
    These are for people who opt not to go digital SV, chose the basic ar, or need a rush job. I don't use them as much, I do mostly trivex lenses and the 1.55 index is cool and it is over 40 on the abbe scale it's not the same.

Thread Information