Thread: Advice for frame lines!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Advice for frame lines!

We have been trying to find a frame line for our male patients that resemble a Nike or Oakley look. We have come up short no matter where we look it seems! I have been fighting tooth and nail not to have Marchon, Altair or Luxottica in my office, but it is becoming apparent that we have a large hole and we have nothing to fit those consumers in. We currently have PUMA, and as it does okay....it really does not fit the broad spectrum like the Nike line or Oakley seems to have. Does anyone know of a line that has a sporty look, bolder colors, and fits from young males to adults?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Firstly, those dudes are giants (Oakley >>> Nike) and they're not going to be equaled.

Adidas is fair to middlin'.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have some Adidas frames that have that sporty look. For sunglasses, we use Costa Del Mar instead.

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How do you feel about Safilo? Might check out a little Smith, and for the Opthalmics, Carrera and T.Hilfiger. Adidas for Sun and maybe Rudy Project as well. Good Luck

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We do have some Safilo lines in the office (T.Hilfiger, Carrera), but it just doesn't seem to fit that "sporty" look people are asking for. They want those bold colors, and I truly believe it has to do with name recognition. (They want the big name like Nike or Oakley) I haven't thought about Adidas, who carries that line? That might be a good option!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Zen Barcelona aluminum frames some have a 6 BC they've got some colorful acetates and I put a lot of my early 20 somethings in Pro Design for the tech look OVVO and Marcus T. Your going to have to get creative especially if your trying to mimic a line whose entire collection is based on a sports looks but it can be done.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Super sporty would be Rudy project if you did not want to go with lux or another large company that uses name licenses. We actually do well with safilo however. Nike is probably our weakest line and is just making the cut. Depending on price point and demographic Tag has some sporty pieces but "speak" to a different crowd than oakley does.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I use Puma but run into the same issue almost there but not quite their. However Charmant is losing the license for Puma.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harley davidson has some of that sporty look with the straight temples and such, carrera is branching out more and more every visit ... but I have never found anything comperable to the Nike in color. I know they don't want to support the big 3 but man nike has some nice stuff!!
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Silhouette is such a big stupid for not allowing the U.S. to make the adidas designs. They are missing a huge opportunity.

Is Under Armor doing anything? Nope.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManDan View Post
    I use Puma but run into the same issue almost there but not quite their. However Charmant is losing the license for Puma.
    That is what is prompting this search even more! Not that they are selling like crazy, but that was our one line that had some recognition for that group of consumers! I don't want to go down the Nike line if I don't have to, but I just don't know where else to go with it. Do you know who manufacturers Adidas by chance?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Adidas is silhouette. however I find them very fragile.

Thread Information