Thread: IOT dynamic progressive.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

IOT dynamic progressive.

We started freeform and IOT a few months ago. Has been using Innovations too. The progressive we has used are those that adjust the corridor length according to the pupil height. I has been thinking that the ADD should be taken in consideration too specially in those cases of large frames .
    Lets suppose a patient with add 1.25 wearing large frame. The pupil height would be more than 20mm and the corridor would be longer than needed. In this cases a shorter corridor would be more appropriate.
    I know I have the option of not using a dynamic one and choose a specific corridor length. But the idea of dynamic is more easy in most cases.
    What I am thinking of is a dynamic method of choosing corridor length but with the parameter of longest corridor length limited according to the ADD. Maybe for add 1.25 or less a corridor plus reading part not longer than 14mm or so. As the add is higher the corridor would be long.

If that option already exist, please let me know. I ask because i do not know.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It may already be in the calculation. Many manufacturers compensate their design not only for fitting height, panto, wrap, and vertex, but also factor Rx and add power to affect near zone decentration. If you are manufacturing IOT lenses I think you should have at least one person on staff who is very technically familiar with lens optics have a deep discussion with IOT technical staff so you understand every feature of the design. Otherwise you are putting out lenses you don't fully understand. (Which I'm sure plenty of labs and lots of opticians do everyday, but it would be good to adopt a higher standard than that.)

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    IOT and well as Innovations from the president on down have been very easy to reach and have answered every question I've asked from memory, and ever explain the software script behind the calculation.

I would email your contact at innovations for a correct answer, the software is always being updated due to customer feedback.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Sorry. I thought that this IOT section was to discuss about IOT lenses and other digital lenses.
    At least this is what I undestood from what I read what is written with small prints under the name of this section under Optiboard.
    The opinion of other members is important to me.
    I will not post on this section anymore.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Please don't change what you do,

I was just expressing I think an email would get you a faster response and from someone more qualified then myself and the other nuts that hang out here.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi MIOPE

You can send me an email (mgarcia@iot.es) and I will be more than happy to explain you how the dynamic progressives work and how to setup the FH selection rule in our software.

Best regards,

Thread Information