Thread: Have you heard of WebEyecare.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Have you heard of WebEyecare.com

Just got an cl rx verification from "webeyecare.com" out of Pennsylvania. Biofinity Multifocals for $56.95 + a "processing"fee of $11.39 on 2 boxes. Will try to steer our patient back here. Should I price match or not?

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That depends. Is price matching the contacts worth it to keep the patient from buying elsewhere?
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by newguyaroundhere View Post
    That depends. Is price matching the contacts worth it to keep the patient from buying elsewhere?
    It turns out, I went on the website and got contacts into a shopping cart. For a years supply of Biofinity multifocals, they tack on a "processing fee" of over $22. Second day air charges were $34.95. By the time all was said and done, the patient would have paid over $71/box...far from the advertised price of $56.95/box. We contacted the patient and let them know if they ordered from us, the net price (after a manufacturer's rebate) would be $64/box. We're waiting to hear back from her....

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by robbish View Post
    It turns out, I went on the website and got contacts into a shopping cart. For a years supply of Biofinity multifocals, they tack on a "processing fee" of over $22. Second day air charges were $34.95. By the time all was said and done, the patient would have paid over $71/box...far from the advertised price of $56.95/box. We contacted the patient and let them know if they ordered from us, the net price (after a manufacturer's rebate) would be $64/box. We're waiting to hear back from her....
    Bravo on doing your homework and notifying the customer. Hopefully they order from you.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is so little profit margin with contacts how can anyone entertain the idea of "price match" something from the internet?
    I just cant see trying to compete with with whole wide world for anything. Just set your price fair for your local market and call it good.
    If anything and you want to try to keep them and you can get a good price margin then offer to have them drop shipped to the pt.
    robbish being a OD if I were you I would try to make my money in chair time with awesome chair side manners. Let whatever happens to the contact lens rx happen. Unless it is a specialty contact. At that time you are the expert, charge for it.
    And for the eyeglass Rx. By all means try to retain it in the office. There is money to be made there.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +1

My Doc's came this conclusion a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Thread Information