Thread: Hey Hey Hey lets crack some CR39

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hey Hey Hey lets crack some CR39

Why not just be sloppy and not make sure the lens is mounted well in the eyewire of a stiff metal frame before you screw down tight on the screw and just break off a big chunk of plastic from the lens?

WHY NOT BE LIKE ME AND DO THIS?
    Sorry I just needed to vent. One day I'll never do this again, one day...

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We call the day, Retirement. ;^)
    Hope the days goes better. :^)

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Well, it could have been worse...it could have been a high minus with a 0.8 mm center thickness and edged oversize by 2 mm circumference...and have the center of the lens explode outwards.

(Never happened to me, but I heard rumors...)

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldt View Post
    We call the day, Retirement. ;^)
    Hope the days goes better. :^)
    When you retire things will continue to jump up and bite you in the keester. This afternoon I was relaxing on the deck when the lovely Mrs. Baker asked me to run to the market and pickup a some poop tickets as we were almost out. Being the thoughtful person that I am I ran to Costco and bought 10,000 rolls (it was on special.) I arrived home and unloaded the crates into the barn and brought a dozen rolls in the house only to discover that I had bought the "strong" rather than the "soft." Guess what I will be doing tomorrow.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    ^^LMAO I had to read that 3 times before I got it!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    When you retire things will continue to jump up and bite you in the keester. This afternoon I was relaxing on the deck when the lovely Mrs. Baker asked me to run to the market and pickup a some poop tickets as we were almost out. Being the thoughtful person that I am I ran to Costco and bought 10,000 rolls (it was on special.) I arrived home and unloaded the crates into the barn and brought a dozen rolls in the house only to discover that I had bought the "strong" rather than the "soft." Guess what I will be doing tomorrow.
    Women are so picky - next time buy her the one ply light sand paper brand.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't know Dick. Sounds like you got the right kind of wipes for a harda** jarhead like yourself. Semper Fi!!!

Occupation
    You would think that after all these years I would be squared away on issues like "strong or soft", "lite or diet", "diet or low-cal" and "extra large and jumbo." However, I am still conflicted whenever I go into a market. It sort of makes one wish for the good old days of "cracking CR-39" and my bride did all the shopping.

Ahhh, but then I would not be eagerly awaiting the impending run of Coho here on the Rogue River in Southern Oregon.

I do take note, however, that the optical business is picking up on the jargon.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    You would think that after all these years I would be squared away on issues like "strong or soft", "lite or diet", "diet or low-cal" and "extra large and jumbo." However, I am still conflicted whenever I go into a market. It sort of makes one wish for the good old days of "cracking CR-39" and my bride did all the shopping.

Ahhh, but then I would not be eagerly awaiting the impending run of Coho here on the Rogue River in Southern Oregon.

I do take note, however, that the optical business is picking up on the jargon.
    Seven more days of cracking lenses and I'll be joining you as the chief market runner. Won't be shopping at the Costco in Rogue River, but do have a vacation to Utah scheduled for Sept. I'll face northwest and wave.

From 1 AO alumnus to another,
    Wayne
    Last edited by waynegilpin; 06-24-2015 at 01:02 PM.

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
    Why not just be sloppy and not make sure the lens is mounted well in the eyewire of a stiff metal frame before you screw down tight on the screw and just break off a big chunk of plastic from the lens?
    “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.” - Niels Bohr

It didn't happen (I assume) in front of your client so count your blessings.

On my first day inside of a full service lab, I was put in assembly because I was worthless most anywhere else. I promptly flaked a photogrey, plus, exec trifocal. My face turned to different shades of grey, mostly pale and ghost-like. It seemed like the whole lab stopped production and sighed in unison...that hot shot dispenser from Muncie ain't no good at all! I couldn't get any smaller. I was lucky they didn't take me out back and give me a good thumpin'.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
    On my first day inside of a full service lab, I was put in assembly because I was worthless most anywhere else. I promptly flaked a photogrey, plus, exec trifocal. My face turned to different shades of grey, mostly pale and ghost-like. It seemed like the whole lab stopped production and sighed in unison...that hot shot dispenser from Muncie ain't no good at all! I couldn't get any smaller. I was lucky they didn't take me out back and give me a good thumpin'.
    Ahh, here's to the good ol days when you had to take a couple a thumpin's before you could deliver em. "Don't let me see you cry and don't tell, or you'll get more of the same" Kurt Smith; my big brother from his famous, passing the torch down to the next in line speech.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Thread Information