Thread: Situation Wanted near Winston Salem, NC

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Situation Wanted near Winston Salem, NC

Hello. I am a new graduate with an A.A.S. in Opticianry. I also have 5 years of experience in eyecare and optical. I am ABO certified, and my NCLE certification is pending (fingers crossed that I passed).

I am searching for a position in either a private practice or retail setting for an optical technician/assistant. In order to take the NC Licensure Exam, I need to complete a 6 month apprenticeship in a certified training facility (it's just a matter of application to become certified).

The areas I am interested in are: King, Rural Hall, Stanleyville, Winston-Salem, Oldtown. On the maybe side would be: East Bend, Pinnacle, Pilot Mountain.

If you know of any situations or any people to contact, please let me know.

Thank you!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You can take the exam upon graduation, but cannot receive the license until you complete the internship of 6 months. See Lee Hewitt........easy to find in the phone book, Lee Hewitt Opticians, and ask him for some guidance. He is a good man and I know would be helpful. Another excellent contact there in King......Bill West, who is regularly on this site. Eyes on King, I believe is his practice name. Congratulations on your graduation, and best of luck. We need more people like you who enter the field in the right way and need to support your accomplishments.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks wmcdonald! I did my externship with Lee Hewitt...He's fantastic! I don't think he's taking anyone on at this time. As for Bill West, I'm making a call to him this week.

I have also compiled a list of some places near where I want to be, and I'm going to drop off resumes to them tomorrow. I had hoped to get my apprenticeship started so that I can get my license sooner. I hope to open my own shop in the next couple of years.

Thanks again for the input and well wishes!

Thread Information