Thread: IOT Blended bifocal

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

IOT Blended bifocal

I am very new on freeform. Has Innovations for years and IOT software recently installed.

On regular blended bifocal, Innovations will rotate the lens so it can be used on larger frames.
    On IOT Blended lenses, the software (Innovations or IOT) does not rotate the lens and error "Lens too small" is frequent.
    The same error happens to progressive and large frames. So seems to me that the generator (orbit) is not being instructed by the software to place the progressive off center on the blank same as happens with the blended bifocal.

Wich setting has to be set to accomplish that?

Also. When blocking a regular blended bifocal to be edged, on our AIT speede blocker I see a decenter image with 2 vertical lines for the reading part and a dot for the far distance optical center. On jobs (I has done only 2 jet) I see 3 dots.

Is this IOT lens treated different at blocking than regular blended bifocals?

Need help too to set IOT so ULTIMATE-B accept _Lplus suffix. It is accepting The lenticular suffix.
    The LDS returned the following
    XSTATUS=B;106;Product not found in your products database;E
    Last edited by MIOPE; 05-01-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Add one more question

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Have you tried contacting CC systems the developer of innovations?

They're the main distributor of IOT in the U.S. and can usually handle technical questions, if not they can get you in touch with the right person at IOT or Satisloh because they work closely with both lens designers (IOT especially) and hardware manufacturers.

http://opticalonline.com/index.php/contact-us/

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks for your answer Braheem24.
    Old people over the years become impatient because we have less time than younger ones. Add to that that this is a new toy. So impatience is larger.

I
    have contact both. CC Systems had last week the "Annual User Group Meeting" and they have to be very busy. I understand that. There must be many people asking questions this days and I ask more than usual.
    About IOT, Yesterday I email the questions to someone in Spain.
    During the years I has found very good answers on Optiboard and that is why I post here too.

This must be a setting.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Miope,

I wish I would have spoken with you last week at the meeting so I could better help. Let me start at the top. The Blended Bifocal is a compensated lens design, and the bifocal should be engraved, based on those engravings we hopefully should not see cutout issues...Can you confirm you're engraving the blended?

If youre engraving the lenses, its likely than what your experiencing is more than just one setting, rather a combination of things that if the engravings are present and the issue remains is something that we will need to trouble shoot, the blended is a brand new design for us so there may be somethings we have addressed before. Can you tell me who your CC and IOT contacts are so I can help get this resolved.

Regarding lenticulars, you may want to get more comfortable running the digital process before throwing that into the mix, I usually recommend labs use the standard setups for 6 months or so before getting into the more advanced (read that as tricky) options we offer. It will make your launch of these options smoother. With that said, if you want lenticulars right away that is no problem its just not what I would personally recommend. The message you are seeing is because those designs are not authorized on your license (likely we didnt know you wanted them and its unusual to do them initially) once you tell me who you are working with I can make sure they get added to your license as well. Perhaps Private message me your contacts at IOT and CC as well as your name so I can refernce it when I reach out to find out the delay. You can also email me @ kgardner@iotamerica.com

Thanks

Kurt

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Update.
    The issue with the blended bifocal has been resolved. It was more a matter of the way we use to work and the way IOT works blended. If I am wrong, please correct me. IOT use the engraving marks to center the lens and we are used to the method used for regular blended. They made some adjustments and now on the AIT Speede blocker i have can see the shape of the lens and a box where the bifocal should be centered. Similar to what I see if the lens were a flat top. With this, we can work without retraining the workers.

Also, now on blended too, the software rotate the bifocal off center if needed so we can use smaller blanks

On Ultimate-B the problem seems to be that we did not have the license to do lenticular on that design. CC has told that they are waiting that IOT include it on our license. Maybe it is already set. I has not tried to do a Lenticular on Ultimate this week.

I will take you advice of doing easy things first.

Thanks

Thread Information