Thread: Transitions to get married to "Rolling Stones" .......................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Transitions to get married to "Rolling Stones" .......................

Transitions Optical Sets Sights on New Audience with 2015 Marketing Strategy

Optical industry leader changing perceptions and kicking off 2015 program through partnership with Rolling Stone and activation at upcoming interactive music festival.

PINELLAS PARK, Fla., March 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Transitions Optical, Inc., the innovator of photochromic adaptive lens technology, is taking a new approach to help change perceptions of the brand by rolling out an ambitious multi-channel marketing campaign. The company's public relations and social media strategy called "See Life Through a New Lens™" is an integral part of the campaign designed to encourage prescription eyeglass wearers to try Transitions® adaptive lenses™ and see what it is like to experience life the way it is meant to be seen. The marketing campaign positions Transitions adaptive lenses as the original wearable technology and encourages all prescription eyeglass wearers to "See Life Through a New Lens."

"Transitions is taking a more unique, disruptive approach to reach eyeglass wearers and shift existing perceptions of the brand, which is celebrating 25 years," said Patience Cook, Director, North America Marketing, Transitions Optical. "The product has come a long way since launching our first lenses in 1991. The 'See Life Through a New Lens' campaign will raise awareness of how stylish and functional Transitions adaptive lenses are, along with the fact that we have product lines that fit every lifestyle."

To reach a new audience that is more style-conscious and interested in the latest technology, Transitions Optical will sponsor a series of editorial content in Rolling Stone magazine and RollingStone.com.

On March 27, Rolling Stone will launch a print and digital editorial series that profiles established artists on their journeys wherever they are, from day to night. The six-part "Dawn to Dusk" series aligns with the revolutionary technology of Transitions adaptive lenses through the eyes of innovative artists. Each episode features a 3-5 minute video on RollingStone.com – from a hectic day on the road or a chilled out day at a festival, to a frenzied day preparing for an album release, an evening performance or a day to recharge.

The profiled artists will also each be featured in a full-page photo-centric story in Rolling Stone magazine. The program will kick off with an event in March featuring a performance from one of the "Dawn to Dusk" artists at Rolling Stone Stage Austin (March 17, 2015), and will conclude in August at Rolling Stone Stage Chicago (August 1, 2015).

Rolling Stone Stage is a signature event series featuring custom programming during major music festivals. For years, the Rolling Stone Stage franchise has delivered festival-goers an unrivaled opportunity to experience high-energy performances in a laid back environment during tentpole music weekends.

In addition to appearing in Rolling Stone, the Transitions Optical team will be on location in Austin, Texas from March 13-17 for the widely acclaimed music, film and interactive festival. It will be the first time the adaptive lens leader has taken part in this event. For many attendees, it will be their first up-close experience with Transitions adaptive lenses, which provide a natural, convenient fit for people with a busy lifestyle.

"The Austin festival is the central hub for technology and is the perfect venue to showcase how Transitions Optical plays in that world through its revolutionized adaptive lens technology. Attendees will see how fashionable, functional and innovative Transitions lensestruly are," said Cook.
    Transitions Optical has also signed on with public relations firm Weber Shandwick. As part of the agreement, Weber Shandwick is overseeing Transitions Optical's consumer marketing public relations program, as well as the company's social media content and strategy. Havas PR will continue as its public relations team supporting trade and optical initiatives.

Additionally, OMD will continue to oversee Transitions Optical's advertising strategy. This includes a new 30-second TV spot produced by DDB Worldwide that will air throughout the year on primetime, late fringe and daytime cable and Spanish language TV. Transitions Optical also has a comprehensive digital and print ad strategy, which will run through the end of the year.

PR Newswire

Occupation
    Optometrist
    They ought to market this: Maybe David Crosby saying "Like, Transitions lenses help get you higher, man".

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    drk.............you must be a fast reader. I posted it at 2.47 and you made your comment at 2.51.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Watching this company try to capture a more youthful market is cringe inducing.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    They ought to market this: Maybe David Crosby saying "Like, Transitions lenses help get you higher, man".
    Or,
    Appears to be a long
    Appears to be a long
    Such a long, long time before they change.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    Watching this company try to capture a more youthful market is cringe inducing.
    Never sold Transitions to someone younger than 50.

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

Really? I started wearing them about 8 years or so ago and I get them in every pair of glasses I get.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just put my 8 year old in them and SHE loves them. SHE thinks they are cool. SHE doesn't understand that in a few more years she'll hate them, but she thinks they are magic. I really need to get her a pair of sunglasses. Otherwise, I think anyone older than 10 looks a little oogie.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I have but they are certainly more popular with children under 13 and people over 40/50. They are like minivans-deemed not cool- but if you can get over the "uncool" factor minivans are great vehicles and the same goes for Transitions.

They should get a few younger glasses wearing celeberties to wear them. They could give them some free pairs and have them try them out.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hmm. I sell them across every possible demographic.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Professional Dustin.B's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've been wearing them for years now and recommend them to whomever I can. Being light sensitive as I am transitions are perfect for me. Its comical in a way that when your customers learn that you wear them everyday thier view on it changes rather drastically.
    ~Dustin B. AboC

"Laugh, or you will go crazy."

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin.B View Post
    I've been wearing them for years now and recommend them to whomever I can. Being light sensitive as I am transitions are perfect for me. Its comical in a way that when your customers learn that you wear them everyday thier view on it changes rather drastically.
    "I'm wearing them right now" = the best sales pitch for any product.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    "I'm wearing them right now" = the best sales pitch for any product.
    True! I'm wearing any particular progreessive that I'm currently selling.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I go along with AngeHamm. I mention them to every patient and sell them to all age groups. The demonstrator is out where it is seen and used several times a day. Very seldom does a current wearer not want it again in their new specs.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
    I go along with AngeHamm. I mention them to every patient and sell them to all age groups. The demonstrator is out where it is seen and used several times a day. Very seldom does a current wearer not want it again in their new specs.
    My Transitions demonstrator is me walking outside.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Mine was too, until we moved the office to a new building on the second floor.

Thread Information