Thread: New Wacky Shenanigans from Davis Vision

Occupation
    Optical Retail

New Wacky Shenanigans from Davis Vision

Some of you may recall a few years ago when I posted a picture of an empty box that Davis Vision had shipped to my office. Today, they made up for it by sending a job with three lenses in it.

I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    They were probably just thinking ahead. The new job. the redo cause the new one was sub quality. Its called innovation. (I can't type that with a strait face)

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, at this rate you should expect the left temple and right eyewire screw to be sent to you in roughly 2 to 4 months with the rest of your parts to be giving to you by the end of 2017.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm surprised the lenses weren't all for the same eye

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No they probably sent lenses with a different Rx with the anticipation that this will be what the patient actually needs in 3 to 5 years based on average rx changes.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiWizard OptiBoard Silver Supporter peyes's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Got 2 empty boxes last Friday. 1 ups. 1 fedex.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Haha!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They never cease to astound me. Recently I placed an order with them and "due to a computer glitch, the order was never transferred to the lab system". Unprofessional morons.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have 2 jobs currently approaching the 3 month mark with them right now. First one we have had to send back multiple times due to scratches in the lenses. Second job had to be re-ordered due to wrong rx, then the re-order was lost and the second re-order was sent to the Philly lab instead of the lab we are contracted with in New York.

Highmark's finest employees are obviously running their system.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why is it they always manage to surprise us. Just when you think it can't get any worse, they top themselves! I have a job that is over a month. They sent the first set of lenses as fluorescent pink (I ordered Crux)...second set came in wrong rx, good tint. Third set came in good, but lenses were so big that one was popped out of the frame completely. Eyewire barrel totally destroyed. So, since the lenses were ok, I hand edged them down a bit and got a new frame. Even though it took a few days to get a new frame in, it was a heck of a lot faster than sending it back to those morons to fix. I HATE Davis!!!!!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by SNChambers View Post
    They never cease to astound me. Recently I placed an order with them and "due to a computer glitch, the order was never transferred to the lab system". Unprofessional morons.
    Had the same issue last week. And of course it was for the patient that was the Most Entitled of all Entitled Davis Vision patients

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We don't accept Davis, thank God, but I tell all patients with eye care plans that require me to use a specific lab that I have no control over how long their new glasses will take to come in. I explain that when they signed up they agreed to purchase their eyewear from the ecp at an agreed upon price and that now we are just the "middleman", we have to place the order through a lab that the ecp designates. I further explain I will not accept inferior workmanship and will return their glasses until I feel they meet my minimum standards, no matter how long it takes. Then I tell them if not for their ecp I would be ordering their lenses from a local lab that does excellent work and delivers it in a timely manner.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    Some of you may recall a few years ago when I posted a picture of an empty box that Davis Vision had shipped to my office. Today, they made up for it by sending a job with three lenses in it.

Had one job they completely lost. Told me that it could have been in either of 2 UPS shipments. It was in neither. This was after sending it back because one lens had prog seg ht at 12 and the other lens was 14 when we had requested 17 and 18. Doc ordered in new frame and sent it to Luzerne to complete the job.

Also ordered a job with a frame from the tower. I did not send the frame in, just ordered it for them to make. Ordered a Tort color, the job came back with a Black frame. UGH!!!!

I currently have 3 other jobs that are 5 plus weeks old.
    Last edited by SailorEd; 03-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It has gotten to the point that unless the patient picks a frame Davis provides, we just order the uncut lenses from them and sent it to our own lab tech to edge and mount. But even then it can be a nightmare just to get them to do that correctly.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by newguyaroundhere View Post
    It has gotten to the point that unless the patient picks a frame Davis provides, we just order the uncut lenses from them and sent it to our own lab tech to edge and mount. But even then it can be a nightmare just to get them to do that correctly.
    That's what we have done for years. It actually usually works out great that way.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    just started doing that.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Has anyone tried to call in this week. Impossible.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wow, I feel lucky that we don`t have such eyecare plans in the Netherlands. It must be a pain to have to work with them.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManDan View Post
    Has anyone tried to call in this week. Impossible.
    Had to call in a remake the other day. Had to wait 5-10 minutes before getting anyone. Those types of delays and waits are typical regardless of who I call anymore. As long as it doesn't hit the levels of wait times we had during Hell Week at the end of the year, then I can tolerate a small wait on hold

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And today... I had several orders that came in wrong and another order where they broke the patient's own frame. I was on hold forever! I actually had too many patients waiting so I only did half the problems and told them I would call back for the other ones. Now I call them and they are having customer service training and will not be available for a few hours. UGH!

Thread Information