Thread: OM to vsp/eye med... How do you submit?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OM to vsp/eye med... How do you submit?

Ok so the 2 offices I have worked at I myself havent really had to submit to VSP or EM... Our current situation is that our person that is doing all of our billing is having some typos when going on to eyefinity site.

I have submitted some claims in the past and it seems like a huge waste of time to do it thru eyefinity.

When I came here I set up OM to be able to do everything including VSP, but its more of a PITA... I cant practice as you need a live PT and an open auth... Its all mapped out but still has a hard time doing things the way it should, like not printing out a packing slip... grrrr.

We also have vision web set up, which I use on cash jobs or discount jobs... works great. Is there a way to use this WITH insurance?

So here is the deal, we are looking to do our own billing as the one will be retiring... there HAS to be a easier, or better( accurate ) way to go from a Eyewear order in OM to a billed order...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If your billing vsp through office mate you can print the packing slip on eyefinity. Go to the Einsurance tab, put in the auth number. Go to the packing slip tab and print. It takes a little getting used to going back and forth from OM to the eyefinity website but boy it saves alot of time not submitting it through eyefinity by hand. OM should fill out your CMS 1500 and transfer all that info right over. As for EM, although its possible to submit through OM it dosent seem to work quite right and after speaking with several techs at OM about it they don't seem to understand it either. If you figure it out id love to be able to do that =)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticneutral View Post
    If your billing vsp through office mate you can print the packing slip on eyefinity. Go to the Einsurance tab, put in the auth number. Go to the packing slip tab and print. It takes a little getting used to going back and forth from OM to the eyefinity website but boy it saves alot of time not submitting it through eyefinity by hand. OM should fill out your CMS 1500 and transfer all that info right over. As for EM, although its possible to submit through OM it dosent seem to work quite right and after speaking with several techs at OM about it they don't seem to understand it either. If you figure it out id love to be able to do that =)
    I have wasted months of my life trying to make the OfficeMate and Revolution EHR interfaces work as a VSP optical order interface. That time would literally have been better spent banging my head against my computer keyboard. Just use the Eyefinity interface and count yourself lucky that you don't have to fax in hand-written forms any more.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was able to print packing slips after filing through OM. It was after batching, and you had to go to each claim in the batch to print the packing slip. Toss up if it saved time.

Change of taxID, and then our VSP interface has not worked since, even after consulting with them 3 times. Gave up and use eyefinity. They weren't accepting our Indiana Medicaid subcontracted to Anthem, who then subcontracted vision to VSP claims through the interface anyway.

Maybe after our next set of changes I will bother with it all.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We get packing slips from OM when we post the fee slip with the order. IE pops one up in a separate window with the service report. Files it badabingbadaboom.

Thread Information