Thread: breaking up with a frame supplier

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

breaking up with a frame supplier

Out of extreme disappointment, I service, quality, supply, and representation, I want to stop with a frame supplier. I was at the point where I was selling down the stock I had. Right now I am at the point where I don't want what stock I have. I have never done this before so my question is can I return current stock and get money back or am I up a creek without a paddle.

as for the break up, its them not me.

Thanks in advance
    Dan

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Without knowing the vendor it's hard to say, most don't offer cash refunds for returned stock. They are yours!

Either use them as "give aways" when purchasing lenses at full price, drop the price down so they move or sell them to another optical that may want them.
    Last edited by scriptfiller; 02-12-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If you are looking for another vender to take it's place, some offer a discount on their new product for the allocation. I had a vendor give us 40% off new frames and then took the old stock that we hated and donated it. In essence, they bought the board space. Worked out well for us.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Ask the new vendor to buy them from you as credit towards their board space, or do like me throw them in the trash and move on.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Post them for sale on the marketplace here. You'd be surprised what % of your invest you may be able to recoup and you don't need to mess with the company you are having issues with.

Or I have a nicer Trash Can for them than Braheem24 does, I'll even send you postage for you to mail to my trash can.....

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I used to put them on the 3rd party wall for people on social assistance. They never knew or cared what kind of a deal they were getting. We wouldn't make any money but we'd recoup the loss and up here social assistance only warranties for 3 months.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    If you are looking for another vender to take it's place, some offer a discount on their new product for the allocation. I had a vendor give us 40% off new frames and then took the old stock that we hated and donated it. In essence, they bought the board space. Worked out well for us.
    REM has done that with me on two separate occasions. It's a win-win.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have done both the "charity wall" and had companies such as Europa take frames from us. I guess we have the coolest rep ever though, so...

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    dan
    why dont you mention the vendor by name?(i am sure if you have issues with a vendor, then other practitioners have as well)
    is this optiboard policy? there are certain reps and companies that i want to just....well you know

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    It is Revolution eyewear. They discontinued some products that I inherited when I got the job. I the rep traded them out for current product and then called 2 days later saying that it is past the window to return them, and that it was His fault. we are S.O.L. I have yet to hear back form the rep or call revolution myself.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Every one of you need a lions club box in the office. I toss that kinda stuff in the box and get on with my business. Make record of what you have see if you can use it as a tax write off at the end of the year. Or load it up and take it to goodwill. They will give you a receipt for tax's. I used to hate doing that kind of stuff but it happens and we just have to chalk it up to the cost of doing business.
    I wish we were making these frame manufacturers put their product in our stores on CONSIGNMENT. That way we don't have to take the hit on a product that does not move and it makes the manufacturer replace with something that will.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'm trying to do this without taking a hit. If they trade out the product I will be fine with everything and just phase them out slowly. Just hard for me to take a hit financially on their mistake.

OptiBoard Professional Caroline's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't know if you take Medicaid/Husky, but in CT, they'll pay up to $150 for code V2025. That's how we're getting rid of frames we don't want to see the rep for anymore (Lux).
    Caroline, L.O.

If you suffer from severe nonlinear waterfowl issues, you don't have your ducks in a row.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Be cautious when you dispose of consignment goods. You do not own them and will be financially responsible to the vendor.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That's why you call them up and tell them to pick THEIR frames up! Trust me...I've done it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Be cautious when you dispose of consignment goods. You do not own them and will be financially responsible to the vendor.

Thread Information