Thread: Davis Frustration

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Davis Frustration

So we just opened our brand new office and are providers for Davis Vision. But they won't send me the frame display because "the median income in your area is too high." Does that sound ridiculous to anybody else or is it just me?

Now mind you I would rather not sell that junk but my patients should at least have the option of seeing it and trying it in my office instead of some other place. Just makes my want to pull my hair out.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That is weird. Since their contract specifically states you are to show the Davis patient the tower frames before others. You typically make more money selling your own, but I can see patients being turned off if they can't have their "free" frames.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper They probably figured out that ............................

Quote Originally Posted by The Optical Giant View Post

Now mind you I would rather not sell that junk but my patients should at least have the option of seeing it and trying it in my office instead of some other place. Just makes my want to pull my hair out.

They probably figured out that you will use their frames to sell better ones.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Welcome to the world of Davis...they make no sense what so ever. I find it hard to believe they won't send you the frames that you are supposedly required to have! I wish I can send ours to you. They are junk and I hate them. Davis drives me nuts! End of December they were so busy, we couldn't get through to order more shipping labels. So, I sent them an email requesting more. 2 weeks later I got them... and now I am getting a TON of junk emails. All optical emails, but junk emails none the less. Thank you Davis!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Run for the hills.........run for your life !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    Welcome to the world of Davis...they make no sense what so ever.
    +1. You are way better off not having that tower, though.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    +1. You are way better off not having that tower, though.
    Yeah we had the tower at my last office and i agree with everyone that for the most part the frames are awful. But I still feel like I'm going to loose patients because they can't try on the "free glasses".

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by The Optical Giant View Post
    Yeah we had the tower at my last office and i agree with everyone that for the most part the frames are awful. But I still feel like I'm going to loose patients because they can't try on the "free glasses".
    Meh. Maybe a few. But remember that, for the patients who only want what's covered or who want you to match a 2 for $99 deal, these aren't people looking for a relationship with a healthcare provider and medical technology professional, they're looking for free stuff. In short, they're not coming back next year if they can get something cheaper elsewhere. It's really best, in my opinion, to lose the sale if it means putting them in an inferior product. No amount of explaining that the Davis frames are not selected or provided by your office will erase the association patients will make between your office and poor product.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I say go with what you got. IF the Patient is looking for the Davis selection then tell them the truth, its their insurance company AS DISPENCERS WE ARE JUST THE MIDDEL MAN. That way if the patient is upset because you do not carry the frame all blame is put on davis not you.
    Many patients complain about the frames and selection, we tell them they are more they welcome to purchase a better frame off the boards and send it in. IF they don't then it is their own fault for being cheep. If they do they are usually happy.

NO making up for the mediocre lab work

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManDan View Post
    I say go with what you got. IF the Patient is looking for the Davis selection then tell them the truth, its their insurance company AS DISPENCERS WE ARE JUST THE MIDDEL MAN. That way if the patient is upset because you do not carry the frame all blame is put on davis not you.
    Many patients complain about the frames and selection, we tell them they are more they welcome to purchase a better frame off the boards and send it in. IF they don't then it is their own fault for being cheep. If they do they are usually happy.

NO making up for the mediocre lab work
    I always order uncuts from Davis and edge them myself. The extra work is worth knowing they'll be on axis, PD, and height.

Thread Information