Thread: Frustrations buying a house

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Frustrations buying a house

My wife and I are taking the plung and buying a house after losing ours to foreclosure a few years ago. This is a brief rant about issues I am having with realtors and loan offerers.

1. We will call you and you never called.

2. We will be there to show you the house but weren't

3.I will give this information the the realtor. I spoke with receptionist. I had to google the realtor to get a cell phone number and he had no idea who I was or anything about property.

4. Not having any information about the house I told you a week ago I wanted to look at.

5. One was to busy to actually show me the house so he offered to give me the code. Maybe I should of asked to look at a house that cost 250k.

My main problem with any form of customer service is not doing what you said your were going to do. If you wont get back to me for three days then say so. If you cannot show me the house then say that. However , if you agree to something I see no reason why I should not hold you to that. You may have mispoken but as far as I am concerned that is your problem not mine. if you don't want to show houses 45 minutes from your office then maybe you shouldn't list them or maybe you should remember that in the future I will want to sell my house and will need a realtor.

Well I feel better.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you sure it was a Realtor and not a Real Estate Agent? They are different. Realtors are held to a higher standard and there are repercussions for bad service. Contact your local Realtors Association for help.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    It's possible that the repercussions of your foreclosure are still effecting your ability to obtain a mortgage and the real estate people are unwilling to spend their time, effort and money showing you homes that you can not buy. Try to get prequalified by a mortgage lender and you will find more willing salespeople.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    Are you sure it was a Realtor and not a Real Estate Agent? They are different. Realtors are held to a higher standard and there are repercussions for bad service. Contact your local Realtors Association for help.
    Had opticianry adopted a similar model years ago you all might be in a better position today. Maybe its not too late!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Had opticianry adopted a similar model years ago you all might be in a better position today. Maybe its not too late!
    Oddly enough, I agree. We had a clear foundation with the Guild but failed to push it forward.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    It's possible that the repercussions of your foreclosure are still effecting your ability to obtain a mortgage and the real estate people are unwilling to spend their time, effort and money showing you homes that you can not buy. Try to get prequalified by a mortgage lender and you will find more willing salespeople.

We were looking to pay cash for some of the houses. I understand them not wanting to show the house and i am ok with that. I just think they need to do what they say they are going to do is all.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    Oddly enough, I agree. We had a clear foundation with the Guild but failed to push it forward.
    I was very active in the Guild back in the day. It seems that most Guild shops "did not want to make any waves" and once the MD's turned into merchants the Guild just disappeared as a voice in the business.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper We were looking to pay cash for some of the houses ..................

Quote Originally Posted by Mizikal View Post

We were looking to pay cash for some of the houses. I understand them not wanting to show the house and i am ok with that. I just think they need to do what they say they are going to do is all.

Just call another agent with another real estate company and tell him to show the house. These days the keys are accessible in a lock box at the door, or he can make an appointment if the house is occupied.
    If a sale is made they split the commission............should be no problem.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been burnt by real estate agents in the past. The last house we bought, we were at the closing and the owners didn't realize they had to move out that day. The realtor even asked us if we were planning on moving in the day we close. (Um yes...moving truck on it's way!) Later on we found out a lot of things that we were not informed about. Some things we were told were covered under our HOA that were not. That sort of thing. I will be very careful next time. Our closing was over 4 hours because we had to get an attorney involved to get the old home owners to move out!Good luck to you! Ask a lot of questions and trust no one. Just my past experience talking here.

Thread Information