Thread: frame inventory?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Smilie frame inventory?

If you or anyone you know is interested in liquidating all or part of your frame inventory I would love to hear from you. Or, perhaps you know of a recently retired Optician, OD or a closed shop.

I prefer to buy in bulk and buy just about any type of frame including men's, ladies, plastic, metal, from the very, very old to closeouts and current models.

You can contact me directly by email at egaoptical@aol.com or call at 631-543-1500.
    Thanks for your time.
    Elliot

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    I still have a couple thousand frames in stock I bought out of a Toronto bankruptcy some 25 years ago and never did anything with them.

All of them made in France and top quality brands and again in fashion, but stamped for the Canadian market.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would take 1000 at 0.25 each. Cash money paid

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Hi-
    Sounds fair. Can you email me at egaoptical@aol.com.
    Thanks-
    Elliot
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    egaoptical. You have got it wrong. I would BUY 1000 frames from Chris.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I still have a couple thousand frames in stock I bought out of a Toronto bankruptcy some 25 years ago and never did anything with them.

All of them made in France and top quality brands and again in fashion, but stamped for the Canadian market.
    I would be interested in details about Chris' frames, too.

Occupation
    Actually I could get a lot more than the amount offered ($ 0.25) just for the gold value on the metal frames. Most of them are even well known designer names manufactured by some of the top guy's that are still around these days..

Maybe I should start a website of my own or put them on E-Bay and sell them one by one. I have held on to them for all these years, to get a decent price.

I will be in the awful cold of Montreal next week and look at them again for a change.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The term “gold filled” refers to a technique used to make items look like they are made from solid gold, but that cost substantially less.In some ways, it is similar to gold plating in that a thin layer of gold is applied to a base metal in order to achieve the gold appearance.Unlike plating, however, gold filled items typically utilize a hollow 10k or 14k gold tube that is filled with another less valuable metal such as brass and are marked with a “GF.”A similar process known as “rolled gold” or “rolled gold plate” employs the same methodology, but utilizes a sheet of thin gold laminated to the base material.
    While not solid gold, gold filled and rolled gold items typically contain much more gold than the microscopic layer of gold placed on items with today’s electroplating processes.Gold filled also differs from electroplated gold and gold plate because in the US it is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission and has to contain a certain amount of gold to be marked GF. Given this, gold filled jewelry can return a value, but you typically need a fairly significant amount of material to refine to make it worthwhile.
    The math in determining the value of gold filled jewelry is a little more complex than trying to determine the value of a solid gold item.Gold filled pins marked 14k/20 should indicate that the pins use 14K gold, but that only 1/20 of the items weight can be attributed to the 14K gold content.To determine the items approximate value, you should take the item’s weight and divide it by 20.You can then plug this weight into our gold value calculator to get a feel for the amount of gold in the item.Obviously, determining the weight can prove to be very challenging if the item includes other elements aside from the gold filled components.
    In addition, since there is very little gold content in these items, the time and energy to refine the precious metal from the other metals is greater than with solid gold.Given this, gold filled jewelry is typically not worth very much unless you have very large quantities of it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As per selling them online, that involves a website,phone lines,mailing supplies,postage costs,guarantees & returns, and many more pain in the a__ things. I remeber an optician (you knew him Avron) he had all sorts of old B&L aviators, but they were worth nothing (re: gold value) and only worth what he could retail them for.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    500 grams of 10k 1/20 GF at $1262.30 = $202.00 . That means totally basic frames....no screw,no pads,no nothing....just the GF material. Thats alot of work for not such a big return.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper So your offer is not accepted .............................

Coupe.................Very nice post. At least all the ones that read it are learning something they did not know and the ones that did have their memories refreshed.

However the frames that I bought a long time ago and let them sit in my warehouse, are the ones that used to sell to a large part in optical retail stores for over $ 400.00 a piece, and are again very similar to what is sold again today, with the difference that the finish and quality is way better than what you can get these days.

So your offer is not accepted, and my name is not Target Canada that has a loss of $ 58.8 Billion and closes it 133 stores. I can sit on them for an other few years or have a coffin made out of brand new, old optical frames that might be worth a few hundred Dollars in your exchange rate.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Never expected you to take the offer at that price. What if I make it $0.26 each to cover the exchange lol lol lol. But turned out, as you say, to be some good info for other. I have several boxes of old three point mount, all in 14k 1/10. As you say ,justhang onto them and let your kids get them when you are no longer around. BTW postpond your trip -15 today and the same all weekend.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Hi EgaOptical,

I have got used and returned cases for really cheap, I have around 500 of them that I am looking to liquidate.

I also sell plastic frames manufactured in Turkey, anti-allergic , interchangeable colors and stretchable.

Let me know if you're interested, I will email you and drop by your optical store if you got one.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation

Liquidation sale

Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post

Hi, I have 560 frames manufactured from Turkey , anti-allergic, light weight and stretchable. I am liquidating them if you're interested. Let me know, it's liquidation sale

Thread Information