Thread: ABO NCLE Fall 2014 Result Wait

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Blue Jumper ABO NCLE Fall 2014 Result Wait

In case anyone else is nervously awaiting the results of their Fall tests. It's week 7! LOL

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Newland View Post
    In case anyone else is nervously awaiting the results of their Fall tests. It's week 7! LOL
    Join the club. I took my ABO exam on November 15th. According to the testrac website my exam was graded on December 23rd at 10:46 PM and yet nothing from them. No emails, no letters, nothing. Not even a response to my email I sent them roughly a week ago.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No kidding! I've called once and they basically talked down to me and told me it hasn't been 8 weeks yet. This has been the longest 6-8 weeks of my life! haha

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It will be 8 weeks officially this Saturday for me. I will cut them some slack with the holidays being in the middle of this stretch of waiting

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh definitely, I'm just impatient . I have my review sometime this week, and I would like to show a (hopeful) ABOC. Good luck to everyone else!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey guys, I just got my email and passed! Go check your email and good luck to everyone!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I took my ABO back on November 8th and got my email notification I passed today! Woohoo!!! After taking it I was beyond stressed that all my studying was in vain, but it turns out it wasn't afterall.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I received my notification yesterday that I passed as well. Now another 6 to 8 damn weeks for that piece of paper

To those of you who also recently took the exam and passed, what was you overall impression of it? Too Easy? Too Hard? Just right? I personally found it very easy considering there was at least 6 questions that asked to transpose a full multifocal Rx into either an intermediate/Reading Rx, Intermediate only or reading only rx. Also only had to use the wonderful paper and pencil they gave you once. Overall took me 40-45 minutes to complete and that's including double checking certain questions I wasn't completely sure on

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I studied quite a bit for it myself and found that it had a lot of questions that weren't on any of the study material that I used. And I used anything that I could find to help with it. After taking the test I was able to recall only 25 of the questions that I knew I got right 100%. My work doesn't have a lab and I mainly just do the sales part of dispensing so most of the information I studied for the test was stuff that I never use. That being said I remember thinking there were a lot more lens r/x calculation questions than I thought there would be, and only a small percentage were the anatomy and vocab.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I knew the calculations that were needed from working in the lab for the majority of my career thus far. I study the hardest on the parts and functions of the eye only to have 3 questions out of 115 ask about it.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I passed as well. I sent my papers into the board today. I was told the email showing you passed is usually enough.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congrats guys and gals!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Anyone received results from May 2015 NCLE test?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Usually results are emailed to you within 6 to 8 weeks from when you took the exam. If you took the exam at the beginning of May, you should be receiving your results any day now. Just keep checking your email. The wait stinks but it will be worth it if you passed. Good Luck
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    so basing it off everyone who took it, it's 115 questions and contains little anatomy, transposing and formula questions?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Yes waiting..........no fun. And the days move very slow. But hopefully when the news come it will be WONDERFUL.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by iD View Post
    so basing it off everyone who took it, it's 115 questions and contains little anatomy, transposing and formula questions?
    Its a very basic examination IMHO. If you can transpose a Rx, know your tolerances, know how to calculate prism and direction, know your standard optical terminology and anatomy you should do fine. Like I mentioned earlier, I found it to be pretty easy test, thus why I am going to study for the Advanced Exam and be ready to take that in 2018.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by iD View Post
    When I took my ABO last May. It was a few questions on anatomy. A good bit of transposing and the prentice rule (a must know) and patient care/concerns and what the best options would be for the patients glasses. I only had 115 questions. I wrote up in a sweat the day after because I remembered reading 125 questions. I had to reread and it was UP to 125 questions. WHEW

Thread Information