Thread: He says...She says

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

He says...She says

Question: With the new changes in BC eyecare must you be a licenced BC optician to sell Rx eyeglasses at a retail level. Or, can Joe Smoe just open a store and sell Rx eyeglasses. I say YES...she says NO. Who is right.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post
    Question: With the new changes in BC eyecare must you be a licenced BC optician to sell Rx eyeglasses at a retail level. Or, can Joe Smoe just open a store and sell Rx eyeglasses. I say YES...she says NO. Who is right.
    YOU...................Are Right!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper could have been a garbage collector one day and an optician the next ................

When I opened the sales territory of BC for my old frame company and traveled Alberta and BC in the late 60s opticians in BC could have been a garbage collector one day and an optician the next, it was deregulated.

Then it got regulated ............and now again deregulated and they are back where they were then.

Now they are back to where they were 50 years ago.

Quebec is now open to internet sales but still controlled by person to person sales.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    When I opened the sales territory of BC for my old frame company and traveled Alberta and BC in the late 60s opticians in BC could have been a garbage collector one day and an optician the next, it was deregulated.

Then it got regulated ............and now again deregulated and they are back where they were then.

Now they are back to where they were 50 years ago.

Quebec is now open to internet sales but still controlled by person to person sales.
    No glam or glitz, but also no politics and better pay being a garbage collector.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight2020 View Post
    No glam or glitz, but also no politics and better pay being a garbage collector.
    Check out what garbage collectors earn. In many municipalities it is well in excess of 100 big ones a year and the retirement benifits after 30 years are outstanding.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Blue Jumper Now that we know how much a garbage collector is worth ............

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post

Check out what garbage collectors earn. In many municipalities it is well in excess of 100 big ones a year and the retirement benifits after 30 years are outstanding.

Now that we know how much a garbage collector is
    worth .......................

How much would an optipolitician or an optopolitician be able to make ???

Thread Information