Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prevencia's true colors

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head... compare a similarly tinted lens with a blue reflective AR and I doubt you would see any difference.
    Not true. I have cpf tinted lenses here and have used a blue light side by side and the tinted lenses DO NOT perform the same. Also, let's clarify, they FILTER OUT the Blue light, not block it. They all claim to allow SOME blue light through. Once again, don't drink the kool-aid, make some for yourself and test the lenses for yourself.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper It is all about how much Blue Light ......................................

Quote Originally Posted by golfnut View Post

Not true. I have cpf tinted lenses here and have used a blue light side by side and the tinted lenses DO NOT perform the same. Also, let's clarify, they FILTER OUT the Blue light, not block it. They all claim to allow SOME blue light through. Once again, don't drink the kool-aid, make some for yourself and test the lenses for yourself.

It is all about how much Blue Light in a dangerous form or otherwise, comes out at the rear end of the lens...............and what is transmitted to the retina.

If you send Blue Light it into the lens, and it comes out again, the claims are just money making ones and will do no good to anyone that paid the price for them.

Maybe the AR coating is reflecting a minimum of blue but what counts is what come out the lens on the back.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris they say it filters out the harmful wavelengths of Blue light that contribute to retinal cell death, while leaving the helpful blue light wavelengths that help us see well and regulate circadian rhythms.

At least that's what they say makes Prevencia different.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    well played slim, that's the same pop display the rep dropped off. I was as excited as a fat kid rollin up to a cake shop when I saw it, and I felt terrible letting the rep know that it looked like sapphire. she said I'm just the messenger. I walk by the display 1000 times and look at it every time hoping for a different color but it doesn't look purple. I think maybe im color blind? It sucks getting old

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticneutral View Post
    well played slim, that's the same pop display the rep dropped off. I was as excited as a fat kid rollin up to a cake shop when I saw it, and I felt terrible letting the rep know that it looked like sapphire. she said I'm just the messenger. I walk by the display 1000 times and look at it every time hoping for a different color but it doesn't look purple. I think maybe im color blind? It sucks getting old
    So you just want it to be more purple? I would actually prefer it to be just like the Sapphire but it seems too purple to me?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I made a pair for myself, and looking at a laptop with a cool white screen, then raising the gls you can easily see the screen turn a nice white temp.
    You know...there are these cool magic buttons on EVERY SINGLE LCD SCREEN MADE right...and they do the EXACT SAME THING.

For FREE.

And if the adjustment buttons are too 1980s for a given user, you can always adjust the color balance easily in any computer's GPU settings. The same holds true for laptops, tablets, & mobiles.

What kills me is that the first time anyone steps outside on a sunny day, that all the hand wringing over "intense blue light" was completely for naught as you are instantly subjected to orders of magnitude more of the same.

But hey - if it sells more lenses...go nuts!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    You know...there are these cool magic buttons on EVERY SINGLE LCD SCREEN MADE right...and they do the EXACT SAME THING.

For FREE.

And if the adjustment buttons are too 1980s for a given user, you can always adjust the color balance easily in any computer's GPU settings. The same holds true for laptops, tablets, & mobiles.

What kills me is that the first time anyone steps outside on a sunny day, that all the hand wringing over "intense blue light" was completely for naught as you are instantly subjected to orders of magnitude more of the same.

That's why they offer an outdoor version as well! You could say these same things about a ton of things out there..as in any kind of gadget or gizmo that is supposed to enhance our life! As far as selling more lenses because of this.. We are going to sell lenses anyway and most of the time they ate going to have some kind of AR coating so why not get the extra advantage of the filter?? But you probably don't believe in AR coating or uv filters or freeform lenses either since you can't quite quantify the actual benefits?We educate the pt and let them decide if it's important to them!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticneutral View Post
    I don't think it looks like Sapphire at all. Sapphire is a much lighter blue reflex color than Prevencia's purple-blue. And I don't see the noticeable yellowing effect with Sapphire at all.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
    Not sure about this. Although the yellow cast certainly absorbs blue light - the point of the blue shimmer on the lens ought to be the blue light being reflected away. But that's a small thing. Hard to believe your retinas will burn out from blue light exposure. But it does seem to be useful symptomatically. People use computers 8, 9, 16 mabye more hours in a day. If it helps - thats reason enough to reccomend it. Just not ready to panic over it. I have 2 sons who are computer programmers - they aren't interested in solving problems they don't have.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This sounds interesting. I wonder if it will leave and residual color?
    http://www.visionmonday.com/technolo...elength-light/

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post

For FREE.

yes I do know... Im a professional Photograper. Im not color calibrating all the screens at work... but did think about it lol...

Im selling AR at over 80% personally, so why not sell the Prevencia, its the same price to our customers, plus I am getting 10$ a pop promo...bank!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thread Information