Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pearle Vision to become in-network VSP

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Pearle Vision to become in-network VSP

I wonder if an acquisition is in the pipe-line?

Also Pearle is switching to Eyefinity AcuityLogic as their preferred POS implementation.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Since when was Pearle (most if not all of them) not already VSP providers? But I also have no doubt that they will (eventually) have their own corporate locations.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Since when was Pearle (most if not all of them) not already VSP providers? But I also have no doubt that they will (eventually) have their own corporate locations.
    Since they were purchased by Lux and are EYEMED providers I am surprised to hear that they are VSP providers, unless you are referring to the few franchise holders.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yea, the ones down here I know of are indy optom owned and do take VSP.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Yea, the ones down here I know of are indy optom owned and do take VSP.
    God bless em
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Any truth to the Optidirt rumor I heard (forget where) that they're (Pearle) the deep pocket behind EMR Logic formerly OD Pro?

Or was that a poly dust hallucination I had a few years ago?

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    All luxottica brands will soon be able to process vsp.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    "poly dust hallucination" I like that one Fester.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Pearle franchises taking VSP means they have access to a network that Lenscrafters does not and at the end of they Lux takes its cut from those franchises anyway. I wonder how fiscally viable it is to give VSP a cut of a transaction and Lux a cut of a transaction. Pearle advertises nationally and regionally to bring in clients if VSPs main value add is putting buts in chairs then Pearle is paying twice for that overlap in service.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfiller View Post
    I wonder if an acquisition is in the pipe-line?

Also Pearle is switching to Eyefinity AcuityLogic as their preferred POS implementation.
    interesting,,,i heard through the grape vine/ rumor mill that Lux and Marchon were in talks about a merger. Of course we are all aware that Marchon owns or is owned by VSP. I didn't put any credence to these rumors till a few weeks ago, that's when our local Pearles (all of which are corporate stores) started carrying some marchon product such as flexon, nine west and nike. Lux was able to also able to take Michael Koors away from marchon. Maybe where you see smoke there IS fire.
    Paul:cheers:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    interesting,,,i heard through the grape vine/ rumor mill that Lux and Marchon were in talks about a merger. Of course we are all aware that Marchon owns or is owned by VSP. I didn't put any credence to these rumors till a few weeks ago, that's when our local Pearles (all of which are corporate stores) started carrying some marchon product such as flexon, nine west and nike. Lux was able to also able to take Michael Koors away from marchon. Maybe where you see smoke there IS fire.
    Doubtful and likely a very ill-placed rumor. I'm sure the deal is that in order to take VSP they had to stock more Marchon Frames and likely have to use the VSP lenses and labs. Makes complete sense all the way around.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    this is what the luxottica retail locations will be implementing this month

https://www.asdk12.org/media/anchora...OpenAccess.pdf

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by ml43 View Post
    this is what the luxottica retail locations will be implementing this month

https://www.asdk12.org/media/anchora...OpenAccess.pdf

I clicked on the link...and wow...this is just marketing material pushing patients to go out of network!

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    yup, basically it will all go through luxottica's main billing/accounting office by phone.

So it's out of network benefits, but you get it on the spot.

Similar to what Costco does, but a little more time consuming.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh sh-t! I clicked on that link above and another one I found to the Vision Monday article with the announcement details that includes this statement:

This new agreement will make Pearle Vision locations full in-network providers for VSP Vision Care, which differs from the affiliate relationships the managed vision care company has with other national chains such as Costco Optical and Visionworks. - See more at: http://www.visionmonday.com/latest-n....jBOyiybp.dpuf

So, the link ml43 posted about "Open Access" (really just out of network benefit utilization) is NOT what is happening with Pearle. According to the press release, it looks like Pearle will be able to process as in IN NETWORK PREFERRED PROVIDER, which is basically the death of many, many, many private practices depenedent upon V S PEE.

this is war.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In the beginning VSP positioned itself as a partner to private Optom and would not allow retailers access to their network. This has slowly eroded in the pursuit of a bigger bottom line. Although VSP pays better than some plans, they will be bowing and scraping to LUX before long. I wouldn't be surprised to see them purchased by LUX at some point as LUX owns Eyemed. Reimbursements may then change as Eyemed doesn't pay well at all.
    Cindy Galloway, LDO, ABOC, NCLEC

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed they are not it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    "VSP, created by OD's for OD’s....er....um... Corporate EyeCare.”

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Eff them and their crappy Unity digital progressives.

Sigh, thank you sir may I have another...

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47 View Post
    Oh sh-t! I clicked on that link above and another one I found to the Vision Monday article with the announcement details that includes this statement:

This new agreement will make Pearle Vision locations full in-network providers for VSP Vision Care, which differs from the affiliate relationships the managed vision care company has with other national chains such as Costco Optical and Visionworks. - See more at: http://www.visionmonday.com/latest-n....jBOyiybp.dpuf

So, the link ml43 posted about "Open Access" (really just out of network benefit utilization) is NOT what is happening with Pearle. According to the press release, it looks like Pearle will be able to process as in IN NETWORK PREFERRED PROVIDER, which is basically the death of many, many, many private practices depenedent upon V S PEE.

this is war.

looks like it.

I saw a memo(shh). From LC, aspen,ilori about the open access.

But it looks like most if not all pearle vision's will be full fledged in network providers by 2015.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
    Eff them and their crappy Unity digital progressives.

Ugh those lenses. I was given a pair and when asked by the VSP rep what I thought of them I told him flat out they were pretty bad. I also got real tired of multiple remakes so ignoring their pleas and selling what works.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    Ugh those lenses. I was given a pair and when asked by the VSP rep what I thought of them I told him flat out they were pretty bad. I also got real tired of multiple remakes so ignoring their pleas and selling what works.
    That's just plain crazy talk, VSP is literally placing money in your hand for selling their Unity products and you are simply walking away from financial rewards beyond your imagination. Once you realize that you are missing out on a huge financial opportunity you will begin to see things their way. Do you really want VSP members leaving your business with Rx in hand to get their Unity fix from the supplier down the street. Your patients will adjust to the Unity PAL design with aspirin and time. When you start to feel, just follow the bouncing $ to happiness.

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, are we going to place the over/under for when Luxottica acquires VSP/Marchon at 4.5 years then?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Naw. I don't think Lux will buy VSP.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the gist I'm getting is 1. Pearle is a bit of a drag on Lux. 2. The franchise model is their preferred modality. 3. Anything to drive traffic into the moribund Pearle is welcome, even the competitor VSP (shows how scared they are of VSP, doesn't it?).

If there is any speculation in my mind, it's whether all Pearles will be spun off as franchise (which I think would be a good idea, all around for all parties) OR VSP gets itchy to purchase their own retail outlets.

In a way, VSP's current strategy is to make YOUR OFFICE their retail outlet by snazzy spiffs, favored frames, and nepotistic lenses (couldn't pull of the final alliteration troika...forgive please). They're branching out to commercial practices. They probably won't buy bricks until they absolutely have to.

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    Naw. I don't think Lux will buy VSP.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the gist I'm getting is 1. Pearle is a bit of a drag on Lux. 2. The franchise model is their preferred modality. 3. Anything to drive traffic into the moribund Pearle is welcome, even the competitor VSP (shows how scared they are of VSP, doesn't it?).

If there is any speculation in my mind, it's whether all Pearles will be spun off as franchise (which I think would be a good idea, all around for all parties) OR VSP gets itchy to purchase their own retail outlets.

In a way, VSP's current strategy is to make YOUR OFFICE their retail outlet by snazzy spiffs, favored frames, and nepotistic lenses (couldn't pull of the final alliteration troika...forgive please). They're branching out to commercial practices. They probably won't buy bricks until they absolutely have to.
    During my time with Luxottica they sent a notice out that they were trying to convert at least half of the Pearle Vision stores into franchises. However, I do not think they converted anywhere close to that number and possibly gave up on the idea altogether. I am interested to see what actually happens with this considering all the changes going on at corporate levels of Luxottica.

Thread Information