Thread: Luxottica's share price falls further on management upheaval .......................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Luxottica's share price falls further on management upheaval .......................

BY VALENTINA ZA
    MILAN Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:30am EDT
    (Reuters) - Shares in Italy's Luxottica (LUX.MI), the world's biggest eyewear maker, fell for a second day on Tuesday on concerns for where it might be heading after the resignation of its second chief executive in as many months.

Shares in the maker of Ray-Ban and Oakley sunglasses fell an initial 5 percent and were still down 3.4 percent at 36 euros by 1015 GMT (0615 EDT), extending a 9 percent drop on Monday on news that CEO Enrico Cavatorta was quitting just six weeks after taking over from long-time boss Andrea Guerra.
    Both Guerra and Cavatorta had clashed with 79-year old Luxottica founder Leonardo Del Vecchio, who in recent months has taken on a more prominent role at the company he controls via a 61 percent stake.
    See all of it ================> http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0I30KM20141014

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That's what you call rats abandoning a sinking ship.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by LensGrinder76 View Post
    That's what you call rats abandoning a sinking ship.
    UM lots of publicly traded corps are taking hits right now-
    i wish i were a rat on that ship

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEINPEACE View Post
    UM lots of publicly traded corps are taking hits right now-
    i wish i were a rat on that ship
    Yes, I know that. Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm sure LC is hiring if you want to be one of the rats. Personally I had enough at 15 yrs. The soul sucking, mismanaged, we'll hire anybody for a district or upper level management position as long as you DON'T have any optical experience company, that is Luxottica is starting to slowly but surely crumble. So if you want to hop aboard that ship, be my guest.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by LensGrinder76 View Post
    Yes, I know that. Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm sure LC is hiring if you want to be one of the rats. Personally I had enough at 15 yrs. The soul sucking, mismanaged, we'll hire anybody for a district or upper level management position as long as you DON'T have any optical experience company, that is Luxottica is starting to slowly but surely crumble. So if you want to hop aboard that ship, be my guest.
    Most of the locations I used to work at have about 10-15 seasonal/casual part time workers. No full timers apart from the lab and store manager.

upper management plays musical chairs every six months or so.

Thread Information