Thread: Did you sell Ray Bans before the mid-eighties? Or work for them?

OptiBoard Apprentice OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Did you sell Ray Bans before the mid-eighties? Or work for them?

Hi all. I'm trying to dig up info on old Ray Bans. Mostly for my own curiosity, but I do sell vintage pieces every once in a while. I started selling them in an optical practice in 1986, so that's where my knowledge starts. I have a pretty good visual memory, but I seriously can't even remember what any of our old catalogs looked like. I was JUST about to say that I've never seen old catalogues come up for sale, but now there's one on eBay (I'm bidding on it, yay). I am trying to figure out the rough year of manufacture on some unusual pieces, and I am stumped. Anyone out there older than me ?!?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi
    I go back to the '60s and have a fairly large collection of B&L that goes WAY back. I also live in SF; and though I have no catalogues, I recognize most of their frames. RSVP, JK

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by birdylove View Post
    Hi all. I'm trying to dig up info on old Ray Bans. Mostly for my own curiosity, but I do sell vintage pieces every once in a while. I started selling them in an optical practice in 1986, so that's where my knowledge starts. I have a pretty good visual memory, but I seriously can't even remember what any of our old catalogs looked like. I was JUST about to say that I've never seen old catalogues come up for sale, but now there's one on eBay (I'm bidding on it, yay). I am trying to figure out the rough year of manufacture on some unusual pieces, and I am stumped. Anyone out there older than me ?!?
    I didn't start til 1990 but I think about how I'll regret throwing out my fame catalogs every time I do, and do it anyway.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I have old FRAMES catalogs from the 1968 (number 3) through the 70's 80's 90's and 2000's. For your mystery frames, if you know the name of the frame or post a picture or two I could tell you the year of manufacture. I also have older B&L books-size catalogs from the 30'sand 40's. Walter

Thread Information