Thread: TURA thoughts?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

TURA thoughts?

Just had the TURA rep come in and show me all their wares. Explaining benefits of the new 'Practice Investment Program' basically a consignment idea. They send me 50+ frames to display, and I only pay for the ones that I sell/restock.

Does anyone out there in Optiboard-land have experience with them? How is the service? Frame quality?

I appreciate all your opinions and input!

-VCOM
    Patient, ".. Doctor says I have a subscription for stigmata.. Can you fill that?"
    Me, "..Um.. "

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We sell a decent amount of Tura here. Lulu Guinness and Ted Baker do very well for us. The only product we had problems with was the Turaflex so we dont carry them anymore. We have never had customer service issues with them either.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I do very well with ted baker, both men's and woman's. And very well with Tura woman's especially the titanium. I have had no issues. very pleased,

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledzinator View Post
    The only product we had problems with was the Turaflex so we dont carry them anymore.
    What were some of the issues you had? The Turaflex was one of the main reasons I wanted to bring them in.
    Patient, ".. Doctor says I have a subscription for stigmata.. Can you fill that?"
    Me, "..Um.. "

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We've had no issues. Go for it ! We use Turaflex, Tura, Brendel and Humphreys. The last 2 are among the few lines that have the proper panto

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by vcom View Post
    What were some of the issues you had? The Turaflex was one of the main reasons I wanted to bring them in.
    We just found that they are not as durable as some of the other flex options. I prefer a Marchon (I know big evil) or Charmant flex product. We recently replaced all of them with Ted Baker. Still love Tura though.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We do really well with Tura, it helps that our Rep is fabulous, Ted Baker, Lulu, Brendel; and Humphrey's is amazing for small faces. PERK: no shipping if you order online, even for one frame! Haven't had Titanflex issues that stand out, but it isn't my go to flex line either.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We do very well with tura, some of their "jeweled" are amazingly beautiful

Humphries and Brendel I love them. Stylish, durable flat metal colorful frames that maintain their shape even with powerful RX lenses.

Had a few duds in the brendels last year (bad sodders, dumb designs), but in 2014 they are back on track.

I didn't know about this consignment thing... hmm...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We sell a ton of the turaflex. Haven't had any issues with them either. I have replaced more Nike Flex than I have Titanflex. We use to sell a ton of Ted Baker and the women's line, but we seem to have fazed them out for some more profit friendly options. I will state the quality is better on the TURA than the replacements we brought in.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We did very well with Ted Baker and Lulu Guinness when we carried Tura. If you have a good rep (which we no longer do, hence dropping the line), I highly recommend them.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Great frames! The only ones I don't care for are the flex titanium but that's from any vendor.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we carry Lulu Guinness. The new styles they came out with haven't been moving as much. =/

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just ordered a Ted baker :)
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have also had a lot of luck with Tura. They seem to be popular and durable.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by vcom View Post
    Just had the TURA rep come in and show me all their wares. Explaining benefits of the new 'Practice Investment Program' basically a consignment idea. They send me 50+ frames to display, and I only pay for the ones that I sell/restock.

Does anyone out there in Optiboard-land have experience with them? How is the service? Frame quality?

I appreciate all your opinions and input!

-VCOM
    Go for it. I have the same plan and it can't be beat for quality. Sales went way up because I was carrying more of their brand. Patients love their brand and have come back requesting to stay with the same brand. I like to stay away from the turaflex though. Temples too long and cannot be adjusted properly on an average head. Other than that, Ted Baker, the Tura brand itself, especially the "R" series of Tura are very nice frames. Quality is top notch. Also, get their sunglasses under the same program. They are excellent also.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We have carried Tura, Brendel, & Turaflex for years now with no problems. Its been a reliable medium priced line that hasn't let us down. I haven't had any problems with their flex frames, (knock on wood) they have been a great go to for VSP males who don't want to spend a lot.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We are very successful with Ted Baker. Free shipping with online orders, and very few defectives.

Thread Information