Thread: Alpha edger and tracer problem

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Alpha edger and tracer problem

I have a alpha edger and tracer that is giving me problem. When I start it up and do a self test the edger tests are all ok. When I try doing a test on the tracer it shows the tracer flashing and will not perform a test. I get an error code 17 which is a communication error. Any help is appreciated.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    If you access the maintenance menu on the edger (press buttons 9+5), then on the next screen select the tracer menu by pressing button 7. You should see the tracer serial number in the centre of the screen. It should match the number on the sticker on the back of the tracer. If the number is not displayed the edger it has lost communication with the tracer. Check the communication cable has not become loose. Does your tracer start flashing when you turn the edger on or when you try to bring a shape accross?

I think the communication menu for the alpha is only accessible by barcode scanner. I will try to find my alpha manual and confirm.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [QUOTE=daveyboy;491175]If you access the maintenance menu on the edger (press buttons 9+5), then on the next screen select the tracer menu by pressing button 7. You should see the tracer serial number in the centre of the screen. It should match the number on the sticker on the back of the tracer. If the number is not displayed the edger it has lost communication with the tracer. Check the communication cable has not become loose. Does your tracer start flashing when you turn the edger on or when you try to bring a shape accross?

I think the communication menu for the alpha is only accessible by barcode scanner. I will try to find my alpha manual and confirm.[/QUOTE

thanks for your reply the tracer doesn't start flashing until I run a test on the tracer I get the error for communication when I try to transfer the tracer to the edger. I will try pulling up the tracer info. Thanks I will let you know.

Thread Information