Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Universe has lost a powerful optical force...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Universe has lost a powerful optical force...

He never...ever...shyed away from giving freely from his deep well of optical knowledge.

I am overwhelmed at hearing today of his untimely passing.

Too young. Too nice. Too generous. With a smile that always said "Welcome."

A true and worthy disciple of the Guild of Glass Makers.

A lensman nonpareil.

I, along with many others, are diminished forever.

Rest in peace, Darryl Meister. Prayers to all your friends and family.

We will truly miss you.

Barry
    Last edited by Barry Santini; 07-22-2014, 06:07 AM.

NO WAY!!!! :(

RIP Darryl!

Comment

How sad to learn of Darryl's passing. May he rest in peace. My sympathy to his family and the Zeiss family. A shining star who will live on!
      Bev Heishman, ABOM, NCLC-AC

Comment

Just a few weeks ago I had a very emotional woman going blind come into a LensCrafters to find out info on zeiss lenses. I messages him and answered right away while getting on a plane!! I am just so sad for his family and for the optical world loosing gone of the greats.

Comment

Sorry I just can't wrap my mind around this right now. My PM box is full of quiet kind help from him. We will all feel this loss for a long time. My thoughts are with his family.

Comment

Oh my. What a loss to the optical world and especially Optiboard. I learned so much from Darryl Meister. We all have. I don't have the words.

A curious thread he started years ago to talk about a relevant topic other than optics:
            Well, I had a few minutes to kill, so I thought I'd leave the Ophthalmic Optics forum and take my semi-annual visit to the Just Conversation forum. With all this talk of religions, many of which being leveraged by the basic human desire to sustain eternal consciousness through "life after death," I thought I'd pose

Perhaps I shall respond to it.
            Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

Is there a way to reach out to his family through the group here to express our condolences in some way? I'm just floored by this!

Comment

Ugh. This is like the winds being rushed from the sails. Rest in peace Darryl. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Such an extended family it is.

Comment

A very sad day. I've never met him, nor spoken to him. But reading his work has impacted a lot of what I do in the optical field.

Comment

I am at a loss for words! We have lost a true ambassador.
                    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

I logged on to Optiboard for a very specific reason tonight, but whatever that reason was, it's no longer important...
                      Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

I saw this on Facebook and had to come back here to see if there was any news on what may have happened.

Anyone wishing to leave a message for Darryl's family, the Facebook post regarding his passing is public: http://goo.gl/gtJWDD

Comment

I never met Darryl in person, but had a few interactions with him on this board. He was as gracious and kind as a person could be. I learned so much from his writings. What a tremendous loss for our industry. Thoughts are with his family.

Comment

It is so sad! The industry will never be the same. I use his Optics software regularly. RIP!
                            Properly medicated for your protection.

Comment

I just learned about this tonight as well. Very sad for his family. What a huge loss for the world. Guess his help was needed on a higher level. Peace be with your family and friends!

Comment

Working...
                              X