Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essilor's New Corporate Identity

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Hakim is an amazing person. He has made it all the way to the top, and against all the prognostics that circulated in the optical business 30-40 years ago. I admire the man who came a long way from the first time I met him at his small optical lab he owned in down town Toronto in the early 1970's.
    On a personal level Hakim is an exceptionally rude boorish person. He arrived at a mixed meeting of his supervisors and announces that "I was fornicating (not the word he used but the one he used begins with an f) like a stallion this morning." I don't admire him at all.

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    On a personal level Hakim is an exceptionally rude boorish person. He arrived at a mixed meeting of his supervisors and announces that "I was fornicating (not the word he used but the one he used begins with an f) like a stallion this morning." I don't admire him at all.

Regards,
    Golfnorth
    +1. Just ask any one of his opticians or receptionists about his days of riding around town in his convertible Porsche with his new 'hires'. Can't forget to mention his tacky Persian rugs and belly dancer fetish at his swanky yacht and Xmas parties. Huuuurl.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    That would make sense,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,however is not confirmed
    The business relationship between H and E has been love and hate (more hate) for many years. There's been numerous occasions where on a Monday morning H would tell all his stores not to send E a single lens order for that in protest. Then E would have to put on their red lipstick and make the call to Mr. H and ask him what the heck was wrong.

An acquisition by E would make sense though for a few reasons...they can't afford to lose the lens volume that H creates for them, retail direct is their new market platform, and lastly who the heck would even want to buy the H chain - L is the only other capable entity with funds but selling fromage with horrible service certainly doesn't fit their business model.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Perhaps B&M locations for Clearly Contacts?... E may raise the bar on their quality to the level of most of their clientele who have had to dissociate from the low end offerings in lenses from H & online. Raising the bar may seem like a good thing to ECP as their prices will increase from $39, but now Clearly will possibly be now be selling the exact same products as ECP's - but still at a notably lower price than ECP's can sell them at.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A quick count showed that he has more than 160 stores. I'd say he knows more than the rest of us about succeeding with a business model and living life his own way.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    A quick count showed that he has more than 160 stores. I'd say he knows more than the rest of us about succeeding with a business model and living life his own way.
    His business model was successful because of when he first got into the business. His model in current times is nothing proprietary.

Sure, he's done well but in recent years, I've heard he's been almost bankrupt on more than one occasion. The sale if it ever developed would be nothing more than a fire sale/retirement fund.

As for personal lifestyle, heck to each their own if you can look in the mirror each day and live with yourself.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    Ya it was a real ***** when his wife (at the time) arrived home to find him in bed with 2 women.

Occupation
    This thread has taken an ugly turn. Closed.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information