Thread: casl law

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

casl law

so does anyone know about this? if i'm not mistaken clearly contacts lost millions in giving out free glasses in order to get the customers e-mail address, but with this new law they can't contact you anymore via e-mail, unless you agree to it...& essilor bought that. ouch that's got to hurt, but then again maybe not to a giant like essilor

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by doglas View Post
    so does anyone know about this? if i'm not mistaken clearly contacts lost millions in giving out free glasses in order to get the customers e-mail address, but with this new law they can't contact you anymore via e-mail, unless you agree to it...& essilor bought that. ouch that's got to hurt, but then again maybe not to a giant like essilor
    Wouldn't the consent be implied by an existing business relationship? Have to admit I wasn't aware of this until you posted it. Interesting.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    Wouldn't the consent be implied by an existing business relationship? Have to admit I wasn't aware of this until you posted it. Interesting.
    Interestingly enough I received this email this morning from a realtor I met at a Business Meetup Group.
    https://bay173.mail.live.com/default...g2&fid=flinbox

Regards,
    Golfnorth

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    what i heard is that having an existing business relationship is not good enough, & for instance i received yesterday from telus heath stating that i need to give them an ok to continue to receive e-mails from them do to the casl law

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Government of Canada Introduces Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)

Industry Canada

Government of Canada Introduces Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)

For more information on the legislation, please visit www.fightspam.gc.ca. This new website serves as the single Government of Canada point of reference for credible and sanctioned information about the law. It will grow to include more detailed information for consumers and businesses.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ecic-ceac.nsf/eng/gv00521.html

Thread Information