Thread: OfficeMate and Sato Barcode Printer

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused OfficeMate and Sato Barcode Printer

Long time reader, first time poster. (Sorry always wanted to say that.)

Anyhow, after 13 months of convincing/whining, my doctors bought me a SatoCG408TT barcode printer to do inventory. Because we were trying to save some money, I got it from Amazon, rather than the OfficeMate store.

The drawback is that it didn't come with any instructions. I called the OfficeMate store who wants to charge me $200 for an over-the-phone setup, sans instructions. All I need are the silly steps and I can set it up, and at this point it's a matter of pride.

There exists a document called "Scanning & Printing Barcodes with OfficeMate," but it isn't available online insofar as I can tell.

So I'm hoping that an Optiboarder will have that document, or will have something like it so I can move forward on this! Any help you can provide would be supremely appreciated!

-Miranda

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Did you try the www.officemate.net/omkb?

What version of OM are you working with?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    First, let me apologies for not being any help at all. That being said, OM is terrible with customer service, and inventory. Now this should not turn into a "Let's flame office mate because its just the worst" thread so Ill be brief. http://www.officemate.net/omkb/attac...5d2cf6fde8.pdf I don't know if you've read through this but it may help.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have checked the OM knowledgebase, and they just say to refer to the document I'm looking for, it's a vicious circle I tell ya. I am using v10.8.6. As for the other link about Teklynx, I don't have that software program so it's a dead end too. Thank you both for trying, I do appreciate it!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    After several calls and e-mails, I found a brilliant and wonderful person at Officemate who had the docs and e-mailed them to me. So if anyone ever is in the same boat in the future, please PM me and I'll share the wealth!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Miranda, My doc just bought a scanner and printer to use with officemate and I find myself in the same boat. Will you share your documents with me? You can email me at dnewland.oaa@outlook.com Thanks so much.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Miranda, Would you please send me the docs that officemate sent you?; We are using an old version of officemate and one of our CG408TT printers is broken; Thinksmartinc is the company that sells the Sato printers that are customized to work with officemate and they are not carrying that model any longer.; The new models are the WS line and they don't work with the old officemate version.;The CG408TT is available used but we would need to customize it - hopefully that info is in your doc.

Thread Information