Thread: icd9, 10, or 11?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

icd9, 10, or 11?

With insurances already impossible to contact by phone, I am glad for the delay. I forecasted this could be a didaster on top of aca. www.opticalconsultants.net

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Although ICD 10 will be a though, it will reduce healthcare costs over by essentially creating a treatment and diagnosis data set, its been used by other countries and the Mayo Clinic to better and faster analyze the effectiveness of care.

As well, how is the ACA a disaster? Practices here have had huge spike in revenue since January, many with their best ever 3 months.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We had our best February ever in spite of being closed 2 1/2 days for bad weather. I couldn't tell you why. I like to think people like us. I sincerely doubt ICD 10 will save any appreciable amount of money. It will certainly cost practitioners more as they sit there and whittle down to the final diagnosis.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    What i said was it was about to be a disasterous combination. Many insurance companies have hold times of three hours when checking on a claim. They are running at max capacity...then tripple billing codes and number of insured and you have a delayed payments and virtually no customer service. ACA is a disaster for completly unrelated reasons, but not necessarily for us.

Thread Information