Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uncut Express

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    Ok so Uncut Express.....who is your owner? What is his/her name?
    What is the address of your lab?

Regards,
    Golfnorth
    They might be busy.........if it's breezy in Van...........they share the same physical address as Three Red Kites.
    Eyes wide open

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper

I have looked up their Canadian Postal code and came up with several mining companies and this one listed :

Address: 422 Richards Street
    City: Vancouver
    Province: British Columbia, CA
    Postal Code: V6B 2Z4

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I have looked up their Canadian Postal code and came up with several mining companies and this one listed :

Address: 422 Richards Street
    City: Vancouver
    Province: British Columbia, CA
    Postal Code: V6B 2Z4
    Can anyone in Vancouver help us with this one?
    I would prefer Uncut Express step up to the plate but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    TheNetworkHub.com....172-422 Richards Street Vancouver is a common internet office rental area. For a fee and a table with a computer you get a location, access to a private board room, email addy, a general reception area and business services. Look up the website. It is not an optical lab but possibly a front for someone who wishes to conduct business under an assumed identity. What is probably happening is #1...someone if fronting our favorite laboratory...#2...it is our favorite lab in hiding....#3 someone has made contacts with optical labs and run orders that they receive thru this website to the various labs and then ships the goods to you. It is possibly someone with some optical knowledge, who possibly does not have the lab equipment but sees a possible way to look like a lab and still make money. 1-866-938-1119 is the telephone for Godaddy.com 24/7 service.

Definitly something to be carefull with until more information is forthcoming.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I did order two single vison poly ar lenses from them. Paid with Paypal (For protection) and recieved the jobs about a week later. The lenses were well done and correct. I was not dissatisfied and my clients were pleased. Unfortunately until they get their game togeather, there will be no more orders.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe View Post

I did order two single vison poly ar lenses from them. Paid with Paypal (For protection) and recieved the jobs about a week later. The lenses were well done and correct. I was not dissatisfied and my clients were pleased. Unfortunately until they get their game togeather, there will be no more orders.

They are shipping through ICS who works on barcodes. Should be possible to check through ICS where they come from.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    They are shipping through ICS who works on barcodes. Should be possible to check through ICS where they come from.
    Ok Coupe.......can you solve this mystery?

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Slow week? What's the witch hunt for?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just trying to find out who we're dealing with.
    Would you deal with this company at this point?

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Occupation
    Here you can get the tracking numbers from ICS:

http://www.icscourier.ca/default.aspx
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 04-27-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ICS is invoking Privacy Policy regarding this company.

Occupation

ICS is invoking Privacy Policy regarding this company.

The website registration address is in an office building in Vancouver. If ICS is under privacy policy to withold the senders retourn address, they have been forced to do so by somebody that has more say than you and me together.

I have had to sign some non disclosure documents at some point, for some large company using some of my products,
    not to reveal that they are using it and for what. For extra protection it is sold under another name and through a distributor, to make it harder to trace back for their own employees.

The origin goes back to 1987 with ups and downs in quantities over the years, for the last few years there has been mostly ups again.

Looks like a similar case with ICS this time, they can not talk about it because they do not want to loose an important account.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Just as we all expected, the BIG E chameleon strikes again.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My thoughts exactly.

Occupation

A week delivery Yet, as posted on their web scroller... FREE Next Day Shipping to Anywhere in Canada !
    -Seems to be another piece of misleading marketing to me! Gotta be 'E'.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncut Express View Post
    UncutExpress.com is a proud Canadian company. We have introduced a new no frills way of bringing Uncut lenses to Eye Care Professionals across Canada. All our lenses and coatings are manufactured in Canada by reputable suppliers.

[Deleted]
    Since we are not affiliated with a particular brand of lenses or coatings, we are officially retracting an earlier post, posted on OptiBoard mentioning some of our products are made and processed by Essilor Canada.

We stand by our commitment to offer high quality lenses and coatings at best possible prices.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wonder why...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Since we are not affiliated with a particular brand of lenses or coatings, we are officially retracting an earlier post, posted on OptiBoard mentioning some of our products are made and processed by Essilor Canada.

We stand by our commitment to offer high quality lenses and coatings at best possible prices.
    So I ask once again Uncut Express....who is your owner? What is his or her name? What is your physical address? Why are you hiding these facts from us?

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Occupation

Redhot Jumper I searched the yellow pages of Vancouver .....................................

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post

So I ask once again Uncut Express....who is your owner? What is his or her name? What is your physical address? Why are you hiding these facts from us?

I searched the yellow pages of Vancouver at: http://yahoo.yellowpages.ca/search/s...ish%20Columbia

But found all the optical labs with the exception of "Uncut Express" also I can mot locate any website with that name.

Occupation

What a load of crap. You actually think people are that naīve? The fact is you are 100% affiliated with or owned by 'E' and seems now they want to distance themselves from the negative press.

Like I said from the beginning, rethink your business plan.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    its certainly a nice simple software interface and easy to use. Who makes this type of software ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    its certainly a nice simple software interface and easy to use. Who makes this type of software ?
    Why don't you ask them directly?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's a pretty straight forward web site, running on a no frills basis, with straight forward policies laid out and explained in simple terms. As all of you have heard the expression before " you can have any two of the following three things: Price, Quality, Service, so pick two "

It would seem that the owner has set it up to run simply with no accounts receivables, and no full service lab expenses like answering phone calls and not providing free re-do's . You can't have cheap prices and full service. Its a bare bones operation designed to lower costs and the web site says exactly that.

What is the complaint ?

What's not being delivered according to the terms expressed in the web site ?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    It's a pretty straight forward web site, running on a no frills basis, with straight forward policies laid out and explained in simple terms. As all of you have heard the expression before " you can have any two of the following three things: Price, Quality, Service, so pick two "

It would seem that the owner has set it up to run simply with no accounts receivables, and no full service lab expenses like answering phone calls and not providing free re-do's . You can't have cheap prices and full service. Its a bare bones operation designed to lower costs and the web site says exactly that.

What is the complaint ?

What's not being delivered according to the terms expressed in the web site ?
    'Free next day shipping to anywhere in Canada' - it may be free, but certainly not next day.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight2020 View Post
    'Free next day shipping to anywhere in Canada' - it may be free, but certainly not next day.
    The Product Delivery terms on their web site say that you own it once they deliver it to the shipping company, which at the moment is I.C.S. After that point you are subject to the carriers rules and regs. Uncutexpress' web site says that normal delivery, subject to product availability, is 1 to 7 days.

Does this mean that if uncutexpress ships your order next day to ICS (at which point you own it) that they have fulfilled their promise of "free next day shipping" ?

Perhaps uncutexpress could say something at this point, to clarify their promise.

The words "shipping" , "delivery" and "receipt" of product have seperate definitions.

Thread Information