Thread: Essilor M'eye Fit

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Essilor M'eye Fit

Our store is getting a few M'eye fit tablets to take PDs, segs, and frame dimensions. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with them. We've had the VisiOffice for about 6 months and it seems very similar in the interface. If anyone has used these, what are your thoughts? Do you feel like it has improved your patient's experience? Has it reduced redos or remakes? Thanks

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use it at the insistence of the doc who wants to appear to be using technology to our best ability. In my experience, the patients seem to be impressed and enjoy the experience. I use it as an educational opportunity and a way to underline that personal service is better than their internet based options and well worth the perceived extra cost of goods. However, I cannot depend on the measurements from the m'eye fit alone because it can easily be altered by the way the patient sits while taking the pictures. It is important to use your knowledge and instincts especially with the segs. They often measure higher on the m'eye fit than I would fit them without it.
    Last edited by opty4062; 03-25-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    totally agree with Opty4062, Might be just me but it I do doubt its accuracy. IT also takes awhile. IF you are a busy practice it does ad time to each sale.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Joined this board specifically for help with our m'eye fit. Any other feedback?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    this thing is garbage.. have YET to get through ONE measurement. If i had a nickel for every pixel in the camera view Id have under a dollar.

If we do get through the second photo it just says it didnt get a reflection from the pupil... well then turn the flash on... its there...

We are going to return this thing (borrowed thru the lab) and get the Optikam...

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim:496948
    this thing is garbage.. have YET to get through ONE measurement. If i had a nickel for every pixel in the camera view Id have under a dollar.

If we do get through the second photo it just says it didnt get a reflection from the pupil... well then turn the flash on... its there...

We are going to return this thing (borrowed thru the lab) and get the Optikam...
    We have been using the Optikam fit two weeks now and are really pleased. Like anything else you still have to use best judgement at times but it is generally right on if you really pre adjust the frame.

Thread Information