Thread: Buying an existing OD'S AND DISPENSARY

Bad address email on file

I am about to buy a doctors customers base of 5 years as well as his dispensary optical store. Not much inventory,some old doctors equipment,no lab equipment,a 5 year lease is left, very plain no fixtures. On major highway in very small shopping center in deep southern NJ. He is going to stay on to perform exams. Any ideas on what it is worth ?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That depends on how well you get along with that OD. I did that once in Maryland and the OD would tell his patients that we were too expensive and go shop somewhere else.
    Also, depending how old he is, you might want to take a look at that patient base.
    My best guess, it's probably worth about $5k, more depending on that patient base.
    By the way, where are you in South Jersey?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It also depends on how many files you are actually gaining. I've heard of people in similiar situations pay per record, let's say $15.00 per record. Then you would add that to the other part of the office you are buying.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Originally posted by twister:
    I am about to buy a doctors customers base of 5 years as well as his dispensary optical store. Not much inventory,some old doctors equipment,no lab equipment,a 5 year lease is left, very plain no fixtures. On major highway in very small shopping center in deep southern NJ. He is going to stay on to perform exams. Any ideas on what it is worth ?

Thread Information