Thread: Digitalray Path website

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Digitalray Path website

Here you can learn all about Digitalray Path technology:

http://digitalray-path.com

Visit it and let us know your feed-back!!!
    Last edited by Marcos; 03-21-2014 at 05:07 PM.

OptiBoard Professional Michael I. Davis's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    How is this more than another "me too" digital lens? Are you a supplier of uncut blanks? Do you do finishing work? Do you have a method of taking the measurements you need for full personalization? Are you cheaper, faster, better?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Not from IOT, but here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I. Davis View Post
    How is this more than another "me too" digital lens?
    IOT is one of the very few digital lens designers that's actually focused on lens designs. Since they only focus on designs, they can afford to give the best designs as soon as they are available. They don't have to worry about things like needing to sell off old inventory before introducing a new product. They also provide not just a few designs, but a portfolio of lens designs that are geared towards various life styles.

They've also been in the market a few years at this point, so they aren't really 'new'. This website, however, is intended to make it easier for both staff and patients to understand the benefits of digital free-form over traditional lenses.

Are you a supplier of uncut blanks? Do you do finishing work?
    They don't deal directly in lens processing. They are the mutliple-PHD-holders that do all of the physics and calculus required to get the designs. They then make their designs available to a number of labs in the US (myself included) where we take their designs and give them our own names.

Do you have a method of taking the measurements you need for full personalization?
    They have personalization keys, which are rulers that make it possible to take vertex, panto, and wrap angle. Or are you looking for something like an app or some kind of in-office gadget?

Are you cheaper, faster, better?
    a) Yes
    b) Depends on the lab you get them from
    c) They are "at least as good as" whatever other lens you like.
    FEA Industries
    Independent Wholesale Optical Lab
    www.feaind.com
    www.optmagazine.com
    Morton, PA

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Michael, and Thanks Bill, as Bill said we are not just a "me too" company infact we innovate ways to take new designs and make them easier to sell and use for the ECP, for instance many Opticians dont feel comfortable calculating digressions in office products, so a few years ago we began calculating the digression based on the far working distance, making the only thing the ECP had to do was ask "how big is your work space" and let the calcs do the rest.

Another clear advantage to IOT is the flexibility of the designs, our material requirements are much more flexible, this helps a laboratory avoid back orders, or other delays because a blank from manufacturer A is on back order and they are required to use that specific base curve and manufacturer. Because we have no allegiance to one lens caster over another, our solution is simply use a blank from another manufacturer or a different base curve. This helps ensure, that you the ECP rarely if ever have to call your patient and inform them of a delay, or that a product is not available.

I can go on and on about what sets IOT apart, but admittedly Im bias. If you ever have any questions give me a shout and Ill be glad to answer them, and if youll be in New York come by and say hello.

OptiBoard Professional Michael I. Davis's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks hyperoptic; i will look for you on Saterday

Thread Information