Thread: Looking for new POS software

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Looking for new POS software

Currently using Eyefinity/OfficeMate, not too happy w/it & not sure we want to upgrade to ver.10 because of ICD-10. Any suggestions ??

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Are your just using it on the optical side? or does the doc use it as well for EMR? I used OfficeMate/Examwriter at my last job and HATED it. Version 10 is definitely a lot different that version 8. The cost of OM/EW is pretty ridiculous and the customer support sucks. In a quick Google search I found the companies below. Wouldn't hurt to contact them form a quote. I think they just do optical POS and not EMR. I have no experience with these companies - they are just suggestions.

VisionPro
    FlexSys
    EZ Frame
    Medflow
    Optilite

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by APO View Post
    Currently using Eyefinity/OfficeMate, not too happy w/it & not sure we want to upgrade to ver.10 because of ICD-10. Any suggestions ??
    Hello APO,

My Vision Express fully supports ICD-10 and has many advanced Optical POS, insurance and inventory management solutions. We would love to show you how My Vision Express can streamline your optical with powerful features, such as:
    - Place orders on a single screen that automatically adds charges when you add an item
    - Automatically calculates patient due, insurance due and discounts based on insurance fee schedules
    - Accurate eyewear orders ensure lens cut-out by validating frame & lens, PD, Rx, Seg ht, max & oversize diameters combinations
    - Submit eyeglass and CLs orders electronically to labs/suppliers
    - Automatically transpose spectacle Rxs from plus to minus Cyl power
    - Print receipts in your patients' preferred language: English, Spanish or French

Request a free 30-Day trial of the software. Just visit www.MyVisionExpress.com/demo/ and we'll get you on the way to accelerating your optical with MVE. Feel free to call us at 1.877.882.7455 with any questions. Thanks!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Medflow Optical has its highlights and disappointments as well as the regular EMR system. The doctor I used to work for had it, but he was rather cheap and did not integrate it fully. Medflow is used with Allscripts so check that out too. Allscripts was easy to use but way different than Officemate. If you use a lot of VSP and Eyemed, the website of both do not transfer automatically to Medflow. Pre programmed insurance was not easy as they had no templates so you have to be good with your calculations. highlights are simplicity of use and you can do a lot of personal programming with styles and prices. Easy comparisons of past Rxs, and auto refractions as well as habitual rx entered into the EMR was enjoyable except for the fact the technicians were not as accurate sometimes on the work-ups.

Thread Information