Thread: Moving to Memphis

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Moving to Memphis

Hi, I just wanted everyone to know that I finally got a break and I am finally moving to Memphis. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I gave my notice this morning and it was like a ton of bricks off my shoulders. Just knowing that I am finally going to have a job that pays something that I can live on makes me want to jump for joy. Also I will be off of here for a while during this time since I have to cancel internet and set up new account. This is gonna CRUSH me but this too shall pass right?? LOL!! I am leaving Oct 29 and start work Oct 30. I am really thrilled. While I know that no job is utopia a kick in pay is always a boost in spirit!!

Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congratulations Stephanie!! I'm in a conflict with my job and am making a big decision on staying or not. I hope I have good results like you.

Vicki

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar

Blue Jumper

Congratulations!

I wish you all the best in your new venture!

Karen :cheers:

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Good luck Steph, and we'll look forward to reports from Memphis in the future. Watch out for the local drivers there though, they wreck more cars than any other city I've been in.
    J. R. Smith

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I'm glad it worked out for you...

Good Luck!

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Way to go Stephanie! I hope everything goes great for you in your new job. Keep us posted.
    :cheers:

Suzy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

I thought where I was living had more accidents than anywhere I have ever lived!! LOL!! And hey Vicki, I will give you a bit of advice the MD I used to work at gave me that really hit a note with me. I always remember it when I get to feeling depressed or confused...He said when he made his life altering decision to leave our practice he was at his mother's house and he looked up and the refrigerator for some reason and he saw magnet that said "this too shall pass" He said it was at that very moment he knew what he was doing was the right thing for him and his family. And he said Steph, life is way too short to stay somewhere that makes you miserable. Don't stay somewhere just because you are unsure of what to do. Some day you make wake up and wonder why you never took action. Don't let personal fears control your decisions. It was probably some of the best advice I have ever received. Don't get me wrong I am scared. I do have a job though thanks to Blake and Jenny P. !! I just got up one day and thought to myself that I had to do something. I am a licensed optician who doesn't even make enough money to buy a house. I have been thinking about this for a very long time but I knew I had to take action or opportunity could pass me by without a second thought. I am not going to be miserable for anyone. This town I live in now has nothing to offer. I don't know how people survive. I don't know how I have been surviving...probably wouldn't be if my dad didn't own the house I live in. That is sad!! I am an LDO!! I didn't expect to get rich off of this job but I didn't expect to only make what I could make anywhere at just about any job. I have been offered a good salary...enough for me to pay the bills without having to worry about my husband landing a job right away. It is very liberating. I feel like I have been let out of a cage. One that is controlled in this area and prevents anyone from advancing. Anyway, Thanks everyone. Yes as soon as I have the internet hooked back up I will be right back on!! I am going to have withdraw bigtime so expect LOTS of posts with me just babbling!! LOL!!

Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Stephanie....
    We are very lucky to get you!!
    And if anyone in Memphis doubts it, tell them to call me! Just wish you had wanted to move to Chattanooga!
    ~~~JP

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Thank you Jenny, It is really a breath of fresh air to be appreciated. I can't even remember the last time I was appreciated. I can honestly say it has been a while!! It was NOT today! I won't even get into that, but thanks for the welcome. The manager at Knoxville told me I should have come to see her too. She told me she knows you too...gosh girl you must be popular!!

Talk to you very soon!!

Steph

Bad address email on file Di822's Avatar

MEMPHIS..............

Stephanie..........

I too am excited about your new venture. I feel like I know you through your posts. And I know that you are a real Optician who really cares. It is not just a job to you. What will you be doing in the new place? Management? I hope so. You are definitely management material.YOU GO GIRL! YOU CAN DO IT.......! LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE SETTLED IN......:cheers:

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Congratulations, Stephanie... Here's hoping you meet with success beyond your wildest dreams!!!

Now, go listen to "Walking in Memphis," and get into your new groove!
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, Steph, I add my congrats with the rest of the group! It was hard to listen and know you were struggling with the prior arrangement! I wish you nothing but success and good things. I remember not too long ago we were waiting to hear the results of your boards! How time flies when we are having fun!:D

YOU GO GIRL!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Thread Information