Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transitions 7 Reviews?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Just sent out for my signature 7 grey yesterday. I have 6 in brown like them don't love them.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Been wearing Signature 7 in gray for about a week now. It definitely gets darker than 6 in cold weather and it gets there faster. It does take a bit longer to get clear but nothing major. Just like 6, if I'm out for a longer period on a really cold day the lenses need to warm up for them to lighten. I always warn patients about this at the time of order so they know what to expect.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    anyone try them in hot weather yet?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The way it's been around here I should be able to answer that around July

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by lenslover View Post
    anyone try them in hot weather yet?
    Hot weather? What is that. I have heard of that in myth and legends of the long long ago.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In their effort to improve on what people in cars or hot weather climates have had issue with for years -it seems like transitions have taken a step down in the eyes of their established clientele. I have fielded some complaints about the new product. Knowing how dependant Transitions are on temperature, would it have been better if they had preserved Transitions VI for colder climates? Let Opticians be Opticians and make their own decision as to which would be appropriate. It's my impression that the limitations of Transistions product lend itself to multiple options. Since they already have multiple product availiable, would one more hurt?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good feedback so far on Transitions7. Our customers who like Transitions (mostly senior citizens) like these even more. One co-worker has them and her station is near the front window. They will darken to about 10% when the sun hits that window everyday, otherwise they are very clear indoors and darker outdoors. We are in endless Winter in Michigan so will have to wait and see how they react in hot weather (if it ever returns).

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's my understanding that both 6 and 7 are still available, 6 is still in the drop down menu from my primary lab, so right now you do still have that choice. I don't know how long it will be before they discontinue offering 6 but if they continue to get orders for it maybe it will be around for a while.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation

cuba/transitons

Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    I personally like the new brown a lot better. I'm interested to see how they perform in hotter climates. I'll repost when I get back from Cuba.
    so how was the trip? how did the lenses do in the tropics?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Well, had someone come back with Trans 7 Grey for an adjustment. I honest to goodness thought they were a 90-96% grey tint until they finally lightened. Very dark:). They took approximately 8 minutes to lighten noticeably.

Has anyone had any feedback on whether they darken *at all* in a car?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by stedel View Post
    Well, had someone come back with Trans 7 Grey for an adjustment. I honest to goodness thought they were a 90-96% grey tint until they finally lightened. Very dark:). They took approximately 8 minutes to lighten noticeably.

Has anyone had any feedback on whether they darken *at all* in a car?
    They become just slightly darker than a Gray #1/Brown #1 in a vehicle, at least in my car. I got a pair a few weeks after launch. Incredibly pleased so far, though the last transitions I wore were back in high school, around 2000. Hated those, love these. Quick darkening, and much darker than previous generations. More sensitive to indirect light. My only complaint is the speed with which they lighten; they get to about 40% density pretty quickly but then seem to linger there for several minutes. I've also noticed in photos that the residual "tint" is slightly more apparent in previous generations, so with flash, it looks like I'm wearing 70s-era #1 tint spectacles.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Browman View Post
    I've also noticed in photos that the residual "tint" is slightly more apparent in previous generations, so with flash, it looks like I'm wearing 70s-era #1 tint spectacles.
    *nods* The first thing our most experienced (ie, oldest;)) optician said when she saw her first pair of trans/grey/7 was "they're yellow". No customer has complained about that - so far anyway - so I'm hopeful most people won't have an issue with the residual colouring.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just got my 7's yesterday in brown. When comparing to the 6 today(sunny and low 70's) they both seemed the same inside with a very slight yellow cast. Outside I think I prefer the grayer toned 6 brown versus the more yellow 7. At this temperature they seemed to darken the same in direct light. The 7 wasn't darker.

After 10 minutes inside they had both faded a lot but still had a noticeable color. The 7 was much more yellow toned and the 6 more neutral. I prefer the shade of the 6.

After half an hour the two were the same color with just the very slightest brown tone.

Will test again when it's hotter.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I don't notice any significant tint indoors. Same as Transitions 6. I have the gray. The signature 7 gets darker than the 6 did. Changes faster. Maybe a little slower to get clear, but a darker faster lens outside.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation

vantage

does anyone use these? any comments on the Vantage product?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have a lot of people in our office who absolutely love transitions signature. The VII looks a lot better and so far the people who have had it really like it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I haven't been in this business for long, but my coworker/supervisor says that in her experience the Vantage isn't the best polarized lens. She would rather put someone in just a regular polarized grey or brown.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Do you think that the Transitions 7 narrows the differences between the standard Transitions and the Xtractive? Other than the behind the car activation, it seems like the Transitions Signature can get as dark, and in many temperatures and other conditions. Why would anyone want the Xtractive now?
    What would be the reasons to suggest Brown or Gray?
    The reason would be if they didn't want a lens that was always 8% dark. Xtractive is always a little bit dark and some people want a completely clear lens when going indoors.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I just got the Signature. I like it more than the 6. it gets darker more quickly, and changes to clear just as fast so far. I don't notice any yellow residual tinge that others have mentioned. Other than in a car I think they are great. Very versatile product.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I haven't had a chance to do a "look see" side by side comparison yet, but I think that the residual yellow might be more prominent in certain indexes. Or maybe that's just a side effect of having a thicker lens.

Either way I've hardly noticed it on some lenses (I've had to really look for it against a white surface to find the yellow), while on others it's so glaringly obvious that I can't help but notice even when they're wearing the glasses.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by stedel View Post
    I haven't had a chance to do a "look see" side by side comparison yet, but I think that the residual yellow might be more prominent in certain indexes. Or maybe that's just a side effect of having a thicker lens.
    My lenses are Trivex and the prescription is fairly light, about a -150 with some cylinder.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    so how was the trip? how did the lenses do in the tropics?
    Would ya believe....I didn't even bring them with me. I've decided the frame that's housing them isn't a travelling frame. I brought a pair of Vantage though, meh in the tropics. Definitely did not put a damper on my vacation. :)

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Transitions and their products makes it so easy to sell the Chemistrie clip ons. A polarized tint option, a clear Rx clip option, and a product that works when you want it to, not like Transitions, that only work when THEY want to.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    While this allows one pair of glasses for various conditions, you still have to carry the clip. So it's not exactly the same thing. I am glad their are all sorts of options for various preferences.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Has anyone tried them in Florida in July ?

Thread Information