Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Autograf 3 worlds best lens ?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist

The Autograf 3 worlds best lens ?

The Autograf 3 lens

is not something we have been use sing in my office but i hear that this lens should be better that all other lenses, what are your experience whit this lens ?
    what i hear was that you don't have to look for the near area it just there were you want it?

pleas tell me og your real life experience whit this product

best

regards
    Peter

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    best

regards
    Peter[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Powers View Post
    The Autograf 3 lens

is not something we have been use sing in my office but i hear that this lens should be better that all other lenses, what are your experience whit this lens ?
    what i hear was that you don't have to look for the near area it just there were you want it?

pleas tell me og your real life experince

best

regards
    Peter

Don't believe what you hear. However, do believe at least with a grain of salt what you hear on Optiboard. I have heard some good reviews on Auto 3 and some not so much. Same with Definity 3. Zeiss Individual seems to WOW everyone. Haven't heard much from Hoya or Seiko. If you want a less expensive lens, try the IOT lenses . I'm wearing them and was an immediate adapt from GT2 3D. If anything, slightly better. Check out http://www.iot.es As far as BEST, ZEISS INIVIDUAL should be it !

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    best

regards
    Peter
    The Autograph 3 seems to have a nice distance but the near power is consistently weak; folks who wear another brand will normally tell you they read better out of an IOT lens. I just tried the Hoya latest and it was terrible; the power was +0.20 strong in each eye yielding the only lenses that was not wearable by me or my staff. The Seiko have always been a good clean design the runs on flatter curves than the rest of the brands; we have done many of the older designs with complete success.

I have such great success with the IOT products and having spoken to friends around the country the consensus seems to be that if you want the best lenses for most situations the IOT cannot be beat. It does not hurt that they are much less than the branded lenses designed to up charge on insurance programs.

If it where not for VSP up charges i am not sure how many lenses would be ordered that cost 2-3 times what others cost and appear to provide no benefit to the consumer or the retailer.

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    We have used the Auto III for some time and now are becoming more branded with that lens. Most of our progressive sales are the Auto III or inTouch. They have a lot of products that can meet the needs of nearly anyone and I am a big fan of their fixed corridor choices. I have had only positive feedback from patients as well.

I have used Hoya extensively in the past along with Zeiss. Hoya was pretty good but the design is really geared to the oriental market because of the lens design being built around vertical rather than horizontal reading style.

I have heard that Shamir is coming our with a freeform flat top bifocal that looks just like a progressive but performs like a executive! No line, edge to edge bifocal performance, executive style! I can't wait

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I like the Novel it is the one I am wearing and it is at a great price. I could tell a difference as soon as I started wearing it. It exceeded my expectations. As always when the new ones come out they are always claims of new and improved. This one is.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    don't have to look for the near area it just there were you want it?
    Isn't this what all manufacturers say about every new lens they bring out? How many say 'Try our new lens, you have to hunt around for literally minutes before you can see anything at all'?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by standarduck View Post
    Isn't this what all manufacturers say about every new lens they bring out? How many say 'Try our new lens, you have to hunt around for literally minutes before you can see anything at all'?
    I died.
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have had great success with the Auto III and the INTOUCH. The INTOUCH has IMO been the best all around. I think people like that quicker transition to the intermediate? I just recently started wearing Pals and the Intouch really feels like there is no pal in the lense compared to the IOT intermediate and the varilux S that I have tried to date. The Auto III felt great but I felt like I had less room side to side than the Intouch.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just like the name InTouch.

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The intouch has been our goto lens when others aren't working. Have had several people really love it. We use Uniques and some in-house digitals that all do great but if they have problems our remake is the inTouch.
    Last edited by globaljp; 02-07-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Can you tell me who distributes iot in US?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Laramy-K. Excellent service and quality. Ask for Janet,she is the owner.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by mish View Post
    Many labs are distributing IOT designed lenses. Our Legacy Pro and Legacy DRP are popular IOT designs.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mish View Post

Toledo Optical and, I believe, any walman affiliate.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    So far I haven't found much difference between Auto 2 and Auto 3. But I think that is because Auto 2 is already so good.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Hoya was pretty good but the design is really geared to the oriental market because of the lens design being built around vertical rather than horizontal reading style.
    That's an urban myth.
    RT

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwmack View Post

I have heard that Shamir is coming our with a freeform flat top bifocal that looks just like a progressive but performs like a executive! No line, edge to edge bifocal performance, executive style! I can't wait
    I assume that's tongue and cheek. If not, consider the complexities of producing a variable refractive index lens! My money is on a biological lens, but we'll definitely see another round of electro-active lenses first.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    At home, I often wear the InTouch. It feels more like a single vision lens than my other progressives. It works because I'm nearsighted and will often remove the glasses to look at small details.

I'm not so impressed with the Auto 3. I can get used to most any progressive, but I find I get better distance clarity from other progressives.

Like some of the other posters, I like my IOTs. My wife is a low hyperope and seems to prefer her IOTs to the Auto 2 she was wearing (much to my delight because I have to pay for her lenses).

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    The Autograf 3 lens

pleas tell me og your real life experience whit this product

best

regards
    Peter
    Autograph 3 lens is a "free-form" lens, where the total prescription is placed on the back surface of the lens, which is highly effective for a clear vision.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by toddchaney View Post
    Autograph 3 lens is a "free-form" lens, where the total prescription is placed on the back surface of the lens, which is highly effective for a clear vision.
    Only if the design is good - you cannot make blanket assumptions about 'back surface' lenses being 'clear'. I'm sure the Auto 3 is great, but that isn't ONLY beause is an inner surface progressive.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Our office just fit a pat. with the Auto 3 @ 12FH, pat. left happy DVA was good and she could read the smallest line on our reading card. A very petite woman with a 24/25 PD RX was (an approximation on DV) +1.25-0.50 with a +2.25 ADD. Frames were 46 eye with a 24 B.

1 week follow-up phone call this week to see how she is doing, will post any pertinent commentary.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Hi all, new to Optiboard but always reviewed forums.

I think that when all said and done no one lens will be the best for every patient we see. Of course each manufacturer will claim that their lenses are the best but human vision can be said to be quite subjective with testing to 0.25 power steps and reliance on the patient to differentiate between sph, cyl and axis tweeks in the testing room.

I certainly agree that Shamir have a great range and I have had a alot of success with many of thier designs. I agree that Hoya designs tend to be created for high myopic patients and Ive always struggle with hyperopic patients and modern frames due to their very flat form.

I have not tried IOT but as I am dubious about their heritage and Zeiss seem to have lost their way. Essilor are fine everyday lenses but for the money I don't find them consistently successful.

To answer the original question, I love dispensing Autograph III and take the time to always give the patient red carpet treatment which has provided 99% success rete so far across a wide range of rx's, My training certainly highlighted the main benefit to hyperopic patients but its stable overall.

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfiller View Post
    Our office just fit a pat. with the Auto 3 @ 12FH,
    That would be the fixed 11mm, with a corridor length (to 100% of the add) of 6mm! The shortest I've tried was a fixed 15mm and I couldn't tolerate it compared to the 18mm version, and I've worn short corridors before that trial.

The client may be petite, but their visual cortex is tough as nails.

A very petite woman with a 24/25 PD RX was (an approximation on DV) +1.25-0.50 with a +2.25 ADD
    49mm is an extraordinarily narrow IPD for an adult. A six month old female baby has an average IPD of 45! The narrowest I've seen for an adult is low to mid 50's. Take some pictures for the textbooks.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Robert,

File this in the "just when I thought I'd seen it all" category. Lenses fit dead centre of the B measurement, but decentration on one pair was 7/6mm. I certianly had my money on "she's not walking out of here" when making them, but left happy with her two pairs. Its been over a week past dispense and have not seen her orders come back for re-do's. I don't know if the optician had followed-up with her though. I remember when fitting PAL's @ 18 was a big deal, never thought I'd be making PAL's @12.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by standarduck View Post
    Only if the design is good - you cannot make blanket assumptions about 'back surface' lenses being 'clear'. I'm sure the Auto 3 is great, but that isn't ONLY beause is an inner surface progressive.
    No this is not the only reason. Auto 3 lenses offer other advantages as well like, its design ensures user comfort due to enlarged reading zone and significant reduction in distortion level. The lens is stylish and is suitable for rimless and nylon frames.
    Last edited by toddchaney; 03-18-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Thread Information