Apparent versus Real Field of View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparent versus Real Field of View

Hello I am trying to figure out the difference between apparent and real field of view and I'm getting really confused by all the answers out there in cyber space that usually relate to telescopic lenses. What actually is the difference between apparent and real field of view? And how would having high minus lenses have a different impact on this than having high plus? Don't the two use the same formula? Argh I'm confused! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Originally posted by smanners View Post
    And how would having high minus lenses have a different impact on this than having high plus?
    Responding to just part of your query. Minus lenses will reduce apparent size of objects as viewed through the lens, as well as having objects viewed through the periphery of the lens shifting towards the center due to the BO prism. A plus lens would be opposite, the minus will offer a wider field of view.
    Trip

Comment

Real view of view is the angular subtense of the actual OBJECT field, as seen by the observer with UNAIDED eye.

Apparent FOV is the angular subtense of the object AS IMAGED BY THE (whatever) AIDED EYE.

There, that should be general enough.

B

Comment

Thanks guys for your help

Comment

Working...
        X