Thread: VEW and Optiboarders.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

VEW and Optiboarders.

Is there a meet up this year? I always seem to miss it! My time may be a little better this trip. Anything official?
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Where have you been lady?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    Where have you been lady?
    Still around! :) Just opened up a new place!
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Vew

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Benefit for PHC VEW 2013.pdf 
Views:	124 
Size:	955.1 KB 
ID:	10271

We can all meet here!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh I wish I could, but I'm leaving Friday AM. Haven't seen or heard you play live since that NYC studio session in 2007.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I am throwing a party Thursday in suite 36-111 at the Venetian, 6-8, you can drop by.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    I am throwing a party Thursday in suite 36-111 at the Venetian, 6-8, you can drop by.
    Hmmmm...that sounds interesting! Fortunately I'm staying at the Venetian as well.

Chemistrie Eyewear
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    We are having a happy hour in our booth (Eyenavision- booth 23100) from 4-6 on both Thursday and Friday. Please stop by for some beer or wine. Great way to get in shape for Van's party in the Venetian on Thursday which follows at 6:00.

We have a few new Chemistrie related products and are looking at adding a few more. It is always nice to get feedback from our customers. Please stop by if you can.
    Last edited by Joe Zewe; 10-01-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The party, gladly sponsored by Chemistrie Eyewear, is in the Patty Paillette and FEB31st Suite #36-111 at the Venetian, and is open to everyone on Optiboard.

Chemistrie Sun and Ophthalmic layers remain a great way to enhance your average sale, and add utility to your eyewear, and they create wonderful referrals as your patients are asked by complete strangers about their cool eyewear. Chemistrie is unique in that it will go any frame, and they offer GRADIENT Polarized layers. Its really a lot of fun. As well, its the only effective solution to use a normal progressive lens in the frame, but mount an inverted removable bi-focal over the top for occupational use (i prefer round segs). Its really a game changer, because its allows you customize both lenses pefectly..

Patty Paillette and FEB31st are new, exciting colorful Italian eyewear lines. FEB31st offers amazing dyanimic colors in wood frames, and Patty Paillette offers the most feminine approach to "girl geek" eyewear offered. The designers and engineers from FEB31st will be in attendance.

Single Vision Express (disclaimer: my company) is also sponsoring the event. We are a unique personalized lab in that we provide you with extraordinary information about progressives and other products, free from bias. This enables you to fit lenses just like you frames, with precision and customization for each patient. I hated beta testing progressives on my patients, and to some degree, you do too. Its not fair to them, and its not fair to you. We can reduce a lot of your stress through our unique and hard expertise and knowledge. We are committed to Opticianry and we are trying hard to put the knowledge and power back into your hands. Opticians should be lens experts, your patients expect you to make recommendations based on your lifestyle, and as far as I know we are the only lab that allows you to have full control over every dispense. Its really an enlightening and exciting prospect, and could make your job much more rewarding.

At the very least, you should come by and say hello, and see what is hot at Vision Expo this year. Plus, I love meeting my Optiboard friends! I appreciate all you have taught me over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zewe View Post
    We are having a happy hour in our booth (Eyenavision- booth 23100) from 4-6 on both Thursday and Friday. Please stop by for some beer or wine. Great way to get in shape for Van's party in the Venetian on Thursday which follows at 6:00.

Thread Information