Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: I must really be a simpleton...

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Mike, being from Texas I resent that comment. I'll have you know those were real books!
    *snort*

MasterCrafter OptiBoarder MasterCrafter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    You base that on the history or blind faith?
    I base that on history and personal experience.

If you show them kindness they take that as a weakness.

In a new poll those countrys hate us more now than under W.
    http://news.yahoo.com/muslim-world-h...070000727.html

How did Saddam basicly keep terrorism out of his country? Brute force!!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Do you take into account the author's bias?

You ever lived in "those countrys"

You realize how the question is asked changes the reply, Does she speak the language?

What makes you believe "they" resort to terrorism by default?

So you believe Saddam was good for us? You ready for the U.S. govt to do his job now that he's gone?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A bit of humor here if there can be...I read this in the news, so we can't be sure it is true...but Assad is an ophthalmologist, so the other two Os should watch who they align themselves with.[/QUOTE]

LOL fjpod. I like that one.

But seriously here. This thread has gone on and on. I have to wonder who is retired and is just sitting in here debating politics because they can only cut the grass only so many times in a week. And who is at the office trying to make a buck. If you are at the office it must be a slow day for the most of you.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I don't care what Bush or Eisenhower did while they were president. Whatever wrongs or rights we may have perpetrated on the middleeast in the past, we have to do what is right today. Gamesmanship (which is what all good politicians engage in) is part of the job when you are president. Sometimes it pays to seem indecisive. You can get away with that when you have the power to wipe a country like Syria off the map in a few hours...err...which is what Assad was trying to do with his enemies.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpod View Post
    I don't care what Bush or Eisenhower did while they were president. Whatever wrongs or rights we may have perpetrated on the middleeast in the past, we have to do what is right today. Gamesmanship (which is what all good politicians engage in) is part of the job when you are president. Sometimes it pays to seem indecisive. You can get away with that when you have the power to wipe a country like Syria off the map in a few hours...err...which is what Assad was trying to do with his enemies.

Clever Fjpod, I noticed you left FDR off that and replaced it with Eisenhower. Im thinking FDR had alot more to do with why people hate us today than any other President.

Mike, those history books you talk about being wrong... you ever notice how wrong they are about FDR?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCrafter View Post
    Clever Fjpod, I noticed you left FDR off that and replaced it with Eisenhower. Im thinking FDR had alot more to do with why people hate us today than any other President.

Mike, those history books you talk about being wrong... you ever notice how wrong they are about FDR?
    There you go again...criticizing me for not looking at history the same way you do. I could care less what political party a past president had. The key word here is PAST. I'm really not trying to be clever. I am trying to keep my country out of war TODAY and TOMORROW. Certainly a review of the past is important, but I don't look at everything as right and left the way you do.

But as long as you want to make everything partisan...how come the right is so hawkish and quick to go to war except when Barack Obama wants to do it?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    So, Winston Churchill, apparently your idol, was also reported to have said the following when he was asked by a friend what to do about the fact that he was afraid his wife was trying to poison him. Churchill said something like, "Sir, I know your wife. Take the poison."

Sure, I'd follow that guy into battle.

Occupation
    There you go again...criticizing me for not looking at history the same way you do. I could care less what political party a past president had. The key word here is PAST. I'm really not trying to be clever. I am trying to keep my country out of war TODAY and TOMORROW. Certainly a review of the past is important, but I don't look at everything as right and left the way you do.

But as long as you want to make everything partisan...how come the right is so hawkish and quick to go to war except when Barack Obama wants to do it?
    Not all of the right wants to go to war... If it's McCain or Graham you refer too, those two are war mongers

Even though Teddy Roosevelt was a Repub he was a Progressive....So I dont agree with alot of what Teddy did or said, but his statement "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick" type of diplomacy works for certain Nations

But when the left went in on WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam, the right really didnt want too.

When it was the the first Gulf War both sides were on board and the UN plus a 30 something coalition.

The second Gulf War the Dems voted for it before they voted against it... Remember? Plus the UN was onboard and W had a 36 Nation Coalition..do I believe we should have attacked iraq? Heck to the naw... Afghanistan? absolutely

This time it seems both sides are saying NO... Except for hypocrits like Nancy Peolosi... and people like McCain and Graham...those guys will vote for any war...as long as they are pulling the strings

So, Winston Churchill, apparently your idol, was also reported to have said the following when he was asked by a friend what to do about the fact that he was afraid his wife was trying to poison him. Churchill said something like, "Sir, I know your wife. Take the poison."

Sure, I'd follow that guy into battle.
    I idol nobody... Admire maybe more appropriate.

Your right!! Churchill was rather a smart A** , but he also had a great sense of humor....You have to admit what you quoted him saying was brilliantly funny, and are you trying to imply that Churchill was not a Great Man and Historical figure? A man that will be studied for generations?

We all should be grateful that men did follow Churchill into battle. Because he was the right man at the right time.

Instead of dealing with Churchill , FDR decided to be best friends with Stalin. They are the ones who carved up the World deciding on who gets what. Yea they thru Churchill a bone but FDR's decison to let Stalin in backfired big time...it's too bad he didnt live long enough to see what he created .

Thread Information