Thread: Sauflon Clarit Cls'

OptiBoard Professional gibby2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Sauflon Clarit Cls'

Any optiboarders tried these in their practices?? Made in the UK distributed by Centennial.

We've been using them in new fits along with Av Oasys. So far px preference is the AV's for initial comfort but after a 2 week trial the difference between the two are negligible.
    So a little disappointing but to have a lens that is not from the bigs is good. A positive is UK made?! ! m disposable

I'm looking forward to their multifocal monthly and daily. Again an option to maintain some profitability (I know not much in CL's anyway) given the ready availability of AV, Air Optix, etc

I cant get excited about new products form the bigs because they just want me to promote the "new" lens so I can fight with a thousand on-liners for the px's business!

Gib

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    good question, good points.

Have you tried biomedics dailies? The price seems very interesting, particularly with the mail in rebates....can deliver a great annual price to clients and still have something left to pay the bills.

I use a lot of Air Optix.

I have the sauflon samples, have been a bit slow to fit them, I don't know why.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In Australia Sauflon is very closely aligned with Specsavers. They originally distributed to everyone but after a few months they signed an exclusive contract with Specsavers and ditched the independents entirely so I wouldn't say that they're any better than the other big lens companies.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Good to get some info on Sauflon as they are relatively new to the North American market (afaik). So far they are being distributed by Centennial only. Centennial is promoting the fact they are UK made and Sauflon "supports" independents.
    I realize the same thing will/could happen if we independents latch on to this and make it a success then Centennial will just make it available everywhere like the others!
    What to do, what to do... I guess fit more RGP's ? Or get out of Dodge

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Mensch

I havent done much Biomedics as the previous owner was switching over clients to Av Oasys.
    I regularly check my cost prices and adjust my retail ,after comparing myself to the various onliners. I dont match the onliners as I provide more but I cant be too much higher as people will naturally walk, no matter how good your service is!

Alcon has been good for profitability. But still clients are not loyal so selling lenses that are too available is not in my best interest ( as a business..I know I Know professionalism)
    Gib

Quote Originally Posted by optimensch View Post
    good question, good points.

Have you tried biomedics dailies? The price seems very interesting, particularly with the mail in rebates....can deliver a great annual price to clients and still have something left to pay the bills.

I use a lot of Air Optix.

I have the sauflon samples, have been a bit slow to fit them, I don't know why.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I'll be procuring a set of the Clariti monthly Multifocal to give 'em a good try and report back.
    Hey I'm excited about CL's again...for a little while.

Gib

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby2020 View Post
    Mensch

Alcon has been good for profitability. But still clients are not loyal so selling lenses that are too available is not in my best interest ( as a business..I know I Know professionalism)
    Gib
    using the onliners as a benchmark and being just a bit higher is a pretty good strategy. Often with coupons and some liberal use of trial lens/solution samples you can be a little less expensive. CC is no longer the cheapest on line in canada, but given their huge "awareness" using them for price comparisions right in front of the client, is strategic.

Check out those biomedics dailies.....

have to wean off the products that are not good for our financial health and which are easily found online - that IS professionalism!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    'boarders

How do online Cl vendors operate? Do they have warehouses with tons of boxes of the various brands? Do they buy 1000 +boxes from J&J, Alcon etc and get a hefty discount. Or do they enter into some arrangement to "guarantee" a certain amt of sales to secure low pricing. That way they dont have to stock the lenses?

This came up because one of our clients has worn H2O Extreme 59%. So I searched online pricing at C.C. and they show the lens on sale (same price as my retail).
    I got to thinking : does C.C. really keep boxes of an obscure lens like this !? That's a lot of inventory that just will sit there until the odd sale of H2O lenses. Or is my head in the sand and H2O is a popular lens?

Thanks
    Gib

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Here's a quick update on my "study" of Clariti vs Sally's( you know all about her) Lens.

I concede defeat...you win Sally...

7 times out of ten fitting Clariti to one eye and Sally's lens to the other results in px's preferring Sally :( I know this isn't a real study and my number of participants is low (about 15) but it's a start.

Just make sure you tell ten people about me Sally

Gib

Thread Information