Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitions

Did I hear correctly or is this old news now....

Essilor just bought the remaining 51% of Transitions company for over a 1 Billion cash deal......

yes, and yes. announced a few weeks ago.

Comment

Does anyone know if this will affect getting transitions on non essilor products. Like how crizal can only go on essilor products for instance

Comment

There's been some speculation that you wont be able to get it on Hoya or Zeiss products, but i don't think we'll know for a bit.

Comment

They aren't THAT stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by optical24/7 View Post
            They aren't THAT stupid.
            i hope not! although i could see them charging a p[premium for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux3r View Post
              i hope not! although i could see them charging a p[premium for it.
              Given the price that Essilor (over) paid, it will have to go up in price.

Comment

I agree, they aren't that stupid. It would start an anti-competition lawsuit to rival the breakup of Ma Bell and AT&T.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux3r View Post
                  There's been some speculation that you wont be able to get it on Hoya or Zeiss products, but i don't think we'll know for a bit.
                  It's already known that the combination of Hoya or Zeiss lenses with Crizal is verboten. I assume that this is a deal that has been a long time in the making; I know Zeiss has their own photochromic and I speculate that other lens companies will follow suit.

Originally posted by optical24/7 View Post
                  They aren't THAT stupid.
                  I truly think they are. The Big E is already tightening the noose regarding EyeMed and Big E owned labs, it will be a slow boil and we are the (quasi) unsuspecting frog in the pot.
                  "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Originally posted by NCspecs View Post
                    I truly think they are. The Big E is already tightening the noose regarding EyeMed and Big E owned labs, it will be a slow boil and we are the (quasi) unsuspecting frog in the pot.
                    How so??? If you don't use Essilor and/or if you chose not to take EyeMed?
                    You could still take EyeMed and ONLY send Essilor their EyeMed jobs and they still wouldn't have much power in your optical.

Comment

Originally posted by David_Garza View Post
                      How so??? If you don't use Essilor and/or if you chose not to take EyeMed?
                      You could still take EyeMed and ONLY send Essilor their EyeMed jobs and they still wouldn't have much power in your optical.
                      That is certainly an option, and a good one. But you still need to be very careful with all your purchasing decisions. It's very easy to feed the beast without even knowing it.

Comment

The beast needs food to survive! Otherwise it could bite you ...:)

Comment

Originally posted by LENNY View Post
                          The beast needs food to survive! Otherwise it could bite you ...:)
                          If the beast has no food, it will starve in your part of the forest and perhaps, return to its home.

Comment

Next step is Younger, that's if it did not happen yet....

Comment

Originally posted by LENNY View Post
                              Next step is Younger, that's if it did not happen yet....
                              I wouldn't hold my breath on that one Lenny...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X