Thread: Good to: Mom

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Good to: Mom

I know that alot of you have lost parents, children, and other close relatives, but this was a first for me. I lost my Mother on July 20th and it has been very diffacult for me. I miss her laugh and smile more than anything else. She always had a kind word and was a great mentor for all women that she met. She never felt that being a woman should stop anyone from anything.

I would like this thread to be dedicated to all of the loved ones we have lost and to celebrate their lives. So let's remember the joy and laughter together!
    I came, I saw, I left

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am so sad to hear that you lost your Mom. I lost mine last Thanksgiving. I will miss her for the rest of my days. She taught me to love books and sewing; handwritten letters and the efficacy of an adult beverage or two at the end of a day.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kat,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother. It can be very tough. I lost mine 3 1/2 years ago, and still find myself, thinking about something and in my head thinking "I need to call Mama about..." and then I remember. Right now, I'm working on a 2nd edition of a book, knowing that she used to proof read a lot of my work and wish she were around to do this one. She also was a strong pioneer type and taught me to be strong, sounds a lot like yours. While she was born during a time when women were expected to "stay in their place", she was one to Make her place and taught me the same thing. She never made excuses for anything and never accepted them from her children, which I am grateful for to this day.

I'll cry for your loss and know that you will always remember your Mom.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    I am so sad to hear that you lost your Mom. I lost mine last Thanksgiving. I will miss her for the rest of my days. She taught me to love books and sewing; handwritten letters and the efficacy of an adult beverage or two at the end of a day.
    Like...:)

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My Mom was the "surprise runt twin" She is a petite 5' and her twin brother was 6'3". Thank the lord she is still alive, the last of her 3 siblings. I am grateful everytime I talk to her. She lives 3,000 miles away but we are very close. I lost my Dad back in 2008 and I still can't believe it. My parents divorced when I was young and when I was 10 my mother became too ill to take care of us so my DAD stepped in when it wasn't the standard thing to do. My dad had employment problems, health problems and never complained or had us kids worry for anything. The older I get I realize how kind he was. He never bad-mouthed my Mother. Everyone who knew him always says the same 2 things...he was funny and he was handsome. I don't know what people will say when I go, but I would be happy to hear 2 positive adjectives as well.

Thread Information