Thread: OptiKam vs. visioffice vs. I-terminal 2

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OptiKam vs. visioffice vs. I-terminal 2

Hi everyone,

Our office is thinking about updating our original I-terminal. With the size of this board I am sure someone has some input on about every device in existence. What are your opinions on the centration devices out there? Thank you everyone for your time and look forward to reading your opinions.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have had the iTerminal2 in our office for a few months now. i have had previous experience with digital centration units before. (i came from LC and their ridiculous monitor mounted camera measure doohicky) i have to say i am pleasantly suprised with the iTerminal2. Zeiss came up with a team to install it all for us, and there are a few kinks as it is still reletavely new, for example they dont quite have the importation of measurement data into officemate down yet. currently you have to take measurements then export, then rename, then rename in omate, then import. (like 6 total hoops to jump thru to import data) over all i like it. it is a lot better than dotting a lens. it measures panto, vertex, wrap, box data, PD's, and seg hts. the KEY is to make sure the frame is perfectly adjusted before using the device, otherwise your data will be off. since we have been using the iTerminal our remake rate has dropped significantly (ease of use for the less experiences employees). we do A LOT of Individual2's and out of the more than 100 pairs i have ordered using the iTerminal2 data, i have had ONE complaint from a patient. i dont count that as a real complaint as this patient is the kind that you could give them the moon and they would not be happy (read P.I.T.A). it is simple to use, we had a rather elderly lady working here that COULD NOT function on a computer, but i was able to get them to use the iTerminal2 properly. for the first 2 months of having the iTerminal2 i compared EVERY measurement it took to a manual measurement from my own hands, and there where very very little deviation. i dont compare much anymore as i trust the units data now. i only manual when something looks strange in the data, or out of sorts. when the Dr. was originally talking about getting this unit i was very skeptical. i wrote reports on all the different units out there and offered suggestions to fit our needs. the Zeiss unit was no where near the top of my list. would I personally recommend the iTerminal2 over something else? yes i would. granted i have not used anything other than the lenscrafters centration camera, and the iTerminal2 at this point, but i reviewed many others. i like this unit. its accurate, simple to use, zeiss has a STELLAR support dept for the iTerminal, and our patients enjoy the lenses made using the data from the unit.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i know i was kind of all over the place in that post, but i drank 1 1/2 pots of coffee this morning so um.... yea... im kind of running a mile a minute here

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Optikam user here. It works well and the measurements are accurate.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Huffam, Thanks for that great response. No worries, I know how you feel I am always running around here mile a minute. Also, Rialeigh thanks for the input. We're are actually leaning towards the optikam pad system, but we're going to try a demo version first. I am a little skeptical of an Ipad system that is as accurate as the kiosk system.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Handheld systems have as good a chance of being accurate as desktops. Tested Optikam and worked real well handheld and desktop. 1 thing I heard is that some lens manufactures may be asking for "specific" data that only their system supplies... So make sure you are asking about this when speaking to the digital measurement company and the lens manufacturer...

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good point on the specific data, as of right now I know optikam won't do dominant eye for "eyecode" measurements. But, I was told they are in the process of updating the software to incorporate those measurements. Only time will tell I guess. Speaking of eyecode has anyone tried out the visoffice?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I terminal 2 is wheelchair accessible and is tax deductable for under an ADA tax credit

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    What is the retail price as of date for Optikam in your country?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mestizo281 View Post
    I terminal 2 is wheelchair accessible and is tax deductable for under an ADA tax credit
    Wouldn't you think that the Optikam pad is also ADA tax applicable?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Very happy with my Optikam.

Thread Information