Thread: Really need some help!!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Confused Really need some help!!

I hope this doesn't get removed because I'm going to ask a question about glasses for my aphakic daughter. We're having lots of trouble getting any advice and would appreciate some suggestions.
    My daughter was born with bilateral cataracts. She wore contacts for about a year but has been in aphakic glasses ever since. She's always worn full field aphakic glasses, never the fried egg looking ones. We've always been able to get them that work well and look fairly good (not too thick). The problem is that many companies have apparently stopped making the materials for this type of eyeglass. Her newest pair is much thicker and heavier and have visual aberrations around the edges. She's 25 years and in graduate school and not very happy with these glasses.
    Her prescription is +11.00, -1.25, x065 with a +3.00 add for bifocal. Does anyone here have any suggestion as to what we can look into for her? She's always worn bifocals but might be able to adjust to progressives. Does digital progressive have anything for her? She's tried high index (10+ years ago) and didn't like them due to aberrations. Are they different now? She would also like to be able to get an AR coating.
    Any suggestions as to where we might turn would be so appreciated. Most folks don't know a lot about aphakic glasses and we're really in need of some help. Thanks so much for any help you can give.
    Babyblues

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, this thread will likely be....moderated, babyblues. You are citing a perfect example of an individual who needs to find a ophthalmic dispenser, who fits custom contacts, who knows RGP contacts.

Please ask your(her) ophthalmologist for a referral.

You need to find someone nearby for her.

She needs personalized attention!
    Eyes wide open

Thread Information