Thread: Any updates on the ETA of Transitions Vantage in 1.67

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Angry Any updates on the ETA of Transitions Vantage in 1.67

This product is now over a year late, and has missed three release dates that I know of. Any lab folk able to give me an update? I'm very eager to try this technology, but I'm not wearing poly with my -9.25 RX.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It has shown up as available on DVI Remo for quite awhile. I thought it was available.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It exists in SV blanks at least. Digital Eye Lab offers it in their full line. Molded progressives will take a while, if ever. Still no 1.67 XTRActive for Varilux.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    It was released 1.67 Vantage for a short time in SV, but quickly recalled it. We also offered it in our full line, but cannot obtain the blanks. I haven't heard of any new ETA. The last I heard, on May 3rd, Essilor postponed its release again, due to quality issues.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Consider yourselves lucky - we don't even have it in CR39 yet.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I've worked with it in poly and have been pleased with most aspects of the product.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We don't have it in poly either.

Occupation
    I will fall back to the answer given by game designers regarding patches/exapnsions: Sometime between now and the eventual heat death of the universe.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by WFruit View Post
    I will fall back to the answer given by game designers regarding patches/exapnsions: Sometime between now and the eventual heat death of the universe.
    True, but I can't exactly mark it down in my calendar.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In talking with several of the uppity ups in the company at last months state meeting, it sounds as though response to the product has been rather cool in the US (can't speak to other areas). I wouldn't be surprised if Transitions has likewise cooled their efforts somewhat in rushing this product to a full roll out. Probably even more so with the difficulties they've had with it to date.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    I just got a letter postponing the launch of 1.67 Vantage to 2015.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our lab also says that quality issues are postponing the release. Just updated our lens library and called, no scheduled release for 1.67 at this point. (On a side note I have a pair in CR-39 that make me 'hallucinate' when very dark so I'm a little weary about fitting them, though haven't had any negative feedback from patients.)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Personally I liked my xtra actives more. I'd guess they are going to just try and merge the VII tech with vantage and make a crizal lens that lets you see through walls.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Just got a letter announcing the deferment of the 1.67 Vantage launch until 2015. FYI
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters
    Laramy-K Optical

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Perfect timing to your question, I just saw my DEL rep yesterday and was told that the delay was due to Essilor's interest in launching their "blue light" blocker. This of coarse makes more sense, revisiting a yellowish tint in lue of the availability of lens materials in a transitional polarized lens format.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Blue Jumper

Delayed until the next generation of Vantage. Trans 7 launches in Jan. 2014. Brace yourselves for the marketing campaign....

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Skip this product altogether until it's on a later generation. Honestly, I tried it the minute it was first released. I love to go jetboating and fish. The polarization is minimal at best, they are slow to lighten, and the permanent tint is annoying. They don't get that dark either. They are a premium price also.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.elmes View Post
    Skip this product altogether until it's on a later generation. Honestly, I tried it the minute it was first released. I love to go jetboating and fish. The polarization is minimal at best, they are slow to lighten, and the permanent tint is annoying. They don't get that dark either. They are a premium price also.
    I have a pair and I love them. I have them in a mykita frame so it is super light weight and great to wear all day. Mine do get really dark if I'm out long enough, and the polarization does work to the point where I notice it on cell screens and windshields. They are poly with Avance. I'm sorry you're not enjoying yours I find mine to be really comfortable. I only wish they changed back to clear quicker but it doesn't necessarily bother me.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I compared them to my polarized sunglasses looking at a polarizing test card and it seems so much more polarized so to speak in my sunglasses. Also, on the water the difference was substantial comparing the two with regards to elimination of the surface reflections.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.elmes View Post
    I compared them to my polarized sunglasses looking at a polarizing test card and it seems so much more polarized so to speak in my sunglasses. Also, on the water the difference was substantial comparing the two with regards to elimination of the surface reflections.
    Well, that's not really an apples-to-apples comparison, is it? I don't expect a photopolarized lens to be comparable to a dedicated polarized sun lens. I don't expect them to function like magic; I just wanted a clear(ish)-to-polarized photochromic lens for my hiking/cycling glasses.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As photochromic lenses go I prefer XTRActive transitions to vantage. The novelty of partial polarized and price don't wow me. In canada these lenses are a good bit more expensive than transitions. I will not condemn this lens until I see another generation.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I definitely agree that I'm eager to see Vantage 2.0. And I do like my XTRActive lenses very much. I'm also quite surprised by how well the new Essilor 1.74 Transitions work.

Thread Information