Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a stinking JOKE...

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    So did you then read any of that Mike, or were you just waiting to dismiss it with blah blah, tea party, blah blah, invalid, blah blah? Try disputing something, anything.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    First you try to change the subject.
    Just stick your head back in the sand for a while.
    Then, you get personal and call me an ostrich.
    But hey, you didn't see it on Communist News Network, so it's invalid, right?
    And even more personal, call me a communist.

This is why no one wants to discuss politics. Someone is always ready with ad hominen attacks in order to shut down what could be a civil discussion.

You made a comment. I asked you (nicely, I might add) to back it up. And it went downhill from there.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Here's two of my disputes, in no particular order:

Alwaki: IMO, he was an enemy combatant. He committed verifiable treason against the United States. That more than deserves a Hellfire missile down the throat.

Bengazi: This is a non-story. There is hue and cry because Obama is in office. There were at least 20 identical embassy attacks during the Bush presidency, and at least 4 times as many people were killed, not once was Bush blamed. Not once did people demand his impeachment for those attacks. Should it be discussed? Yes. It should, so that things like this cannot happen. Should the President be impeached for it? Ridiculous.

Occupation
    Alwaki's 16 year old son was a terrorist leader? Huh?

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    I'm not wasting any more time with you, Mike, because that's all this conversation with you is.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    One more: bombing Libya. There is plenty of precedent here, which is why it never made it out of committee.

President Nixon's illegal bombing of Cambodia and Laos in 1969-1970.
    President Ford: East Timor
    President Carter: East Timor continued. Authorizes the CIA to form the Contras in Nicaraugra.
    President Reagan: Iran-Contra, illegally attacked and invaded Grenada, set up the El Salvadoran terror programs, Angola, committed treason by negotiating with Iran to hold the hostages until he was inaugurated, aided genocide in Guatemala against its Mayan population
    Bush 1: Invaded Panama illegally, more aid to Guatemala genocide
    Clinton: Bombing of Sudan and Yugoslavia, blocked efforts to stop the genocide in Rwanda
    (Do I need to list Bush 2?)

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I'm not wasting any more time with you, Mike, because that's all this conversation with you is.
    And there it is. You asked me to present my side, and now it's a waste of time. And only a waste of time because I happen to (factually) disagree with you.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    And there it is. You asked me to present my side, and now it's a waste of time. And only a waste of time because I happen to (factually) disagree with you.
    It was a waste of time because you were discussing nothing.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    So the people making money with business larger than 50 employees have it so rough that they don't have to help their employees with health insurance? Are we a third world country? (Sorry I just offended third world countries.).

Occupation
    One more: bombing Libya. There is plenty of precedent here, which is why it never made it out of committee.

President Nixon's illegal bombing of Cambodia and Laos in 1969-1970.
    President Ford: East Timor
    President Carter: East Timor continued. Authorizes the CIA to form the Contras in Nicaraugra.
    President Reagan: Iran-Contra, illegally attacked and invaded Grenada, set up the El Salvadoran terror programs, Angola, committed treason by negotiating with Iran to hold the hostages until he was inaugurated, aided genocide in Guatemala against its Mayan population
    Bush 1: Invaded Panama illegally, more aid to Guatemala genocide
    Clinton: Bombing of Sudan and Yugoslavia, blocked efforts to stop the genocide in Rwanda
    (Do I need to list Bush 2?)
    All illegal and grounds for impeachment. So your position is: they did it first!
    Please do go on about Bush. I love a good Bush-bashing.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    All illegal and grounds for impeachment. So your position is: they did it first!
    No, my position is that with the precedents already set by previous sitting presidents, the so-called "War Powers Act" is worthless. If Congress won't enforce it's own laws (The War Powers Act) or the Constitution, it has no one else to blame but itself. Congress has continually abrogated its constitutionally-mandated powers to the sitting president with very little oversight except after-the-fact finger pointing.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-...221425056.html

"Reprieve"? Give me a break...they're not giving businesses ANYTHING. They are totally unprepared to implement the new system, so they make it look like they are doing us a favor. Talk about a nation founded by geniuses, run by idiots.

What a stinking JOKE...
    Guessing the 99%+ of American Optiboarders may want to bookmark and reference this site and page in particular---

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-smallbusiness.php

The rest of you 1st world nations can ignore our family squable.

Occupation
    Here's two of my disputes, in no particular order:

Alwaki: IMO, he was an enemy combatant. He committed verifiable treason against the United States. That more than deserves a Hellfire missile down the throat.
    Regarding Alwaki's son:
    “Some people argue, ‘Well, he’s only killing terrorists,’” Fein told WND. “Oh really? How do you know? There’s no accountability. Was Mr. al-Alwaki’s son, a 16-year-old teenager having dinner, a terrorist? So whenever the president says someone’s a terrorist, are they convicted? If the president says conservatives are terrorists, is he going to kill them?
    Fein argued that the killings were “tantamount to murder.”

Do you still defend your claim? It's difficult to believe you actually read any of this. More likely, you looked at it and thought, oh I heard all about that from CNN. I don't need to read this Tea party nonsense. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Guessing the 99%+ of American Optiboarders may want to bookmark and reference this site and page in particular---

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-smallbusiness.php

The rest of you 1st world nations can ignore our family squable.
    The ObamaCare Small Business Employer "Mandate" Affects Less Than .2% of Businesses

The "mandate" is really a shared responsibility fee, or penalty. The penalty for small businesses not covering their workers is $2000 per employee and $3000 if they purchase health insurance through the exchange with premium credits (the first 30 workers are excluded from the penalty). The ObamaCare penalty offsets the cost of the employees who will use the exchange or emergency room services in lieu of employer based insurance.
    96% of all firms in the United States - or 5.8 million out of 6 million total firms - have under 50 employees and Will not Be Penalized for choosing not to provide health coverage to their employees. 96% of those firms already cover full time workers. That means less than .2% of small businesses (10k out of 6 million) will actually have to provide insurance to full-time employees or pay the shared responsibility fee due to ObamaCare.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Again with the taunting. I'm not taking your bait, Wes. If you want to get in the mud and rassle, you'll be doing it yourself.

There are always going to be innocent civilians killed in military actions. The military takes as much care as possible, but when the enemy shields itself illegally with civilians, there are going to be unavoidable deaths. I'm unhappy that Alwaki's son was killed. I'm unhappy any time a non-combatant is killed. I'm even more unhappy when there is a drone strike or bomb drop and no one but civilians are killed. But its still NOT an impeachable offense *in my opinion*.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    The ObamaCare Small Business Employer "Mandate" Affects Less Than .2% of Businesses

The "mandate" is really a shared responsibility fee, or penalty. The penalty for small businesses not covering their workers is $2000 per employee and $3000 if they purchase health insurance through the exchange with premium credits (the first 30 workers are excluded from the penalty). The ObamaCare penalty offsets the cost of the employees who will use the exchange or emergency room services in lieu of employer based insurance.
    96% of all firms in the United States - or 5.8 million out of 6 million total firms - have under 50 employees and Will not Be Penalized for choosing not to provide health coverage to their employees. 96% of those firms already cover full time workers. That means less than .2% of small businesses (10k out of 6 million) will actually have to provide insurance to full-time employees or pay the shared responsibility fee due to ObamaCare.
    EXACTLY. This is (once again) much ado about nothing.

Occupation
    Again with the taunting. I'm not taking your bait, Wes. If you want to get in the mud and rassle, you'll be doing it yourself.

There are always going to be innocent civilians killed in military actions. The military takes as much care as possible, but when the enemy shields itself illegally with civilians, there are going to be unavoidable deaths. I'm unhappy that Alwaki's son was killed. I'm unhappy any time a non-combatant is killed. I'm even more unhappy when there is a drone strike or bomb drop and no one but civilians are killed. But its still NOT an impeachable offense *in my opinion*.
    Again, if you had read what I posted, or did any independent research you would know that Alwaki and his son were targeted in two seperate incidents, in two different locations , at two different times. The child was specifically targeted; he wasn't collateral damage. THAT is the point. The one you keep missing because you THINK you know what's going on. How is it taunting you to suggest you didn't read it when you so obviously didn't?
    So will you defend the indefensible murder of a child?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wes- it's a moot point until after the next elections.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...alk-premature/

Can we get back to ACA and how it will affect business'?

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    That's a lot of assumptions, Wes. I did read that it was two separate incidents, I also said that I was unhappy about it. What more do you want? I think an attorney would object and call this badgering.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Mike- Please reference post #44.

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol View Post
    I wonder if it's even possible to have a respectful discussion about anything these days. Does anyone think so?
    Well, crazy does seem to be the new sensible.

Wes,

I say impeach Congress first. I haven't seen so many crazy people since the Youth International Party.

And don't forget...Joe B. will be da man if you mess with the Prez.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Occupation
    He wasn't a human shield, he was the target.

Again, if you had read what I posted, or did any independent research you would know that Alwaki and his son were targeted in two seperate incidents, in two different locations , at two different times. The child was specifically targeted; he wasn't collateral damage. THAT is the point. The one you keep missing because you THINK you know what's going on. How is it taunting you to suggest you didn't read it when you so obviously didn't?
    So will you defend the indefensible murder of a child?
    That's a lot of assumptions, Wes. I did read that it was two separate incidents, I also said that I was unhappy about it. What more do you want? I think an attorney would object and call this badgering.
    It's not possible to reconcile your two statements. Alwaki's kid can't be a human shield if he is the target. Our president claims to personally review and approve all drone strikes. Keep defending him. It shows your nature.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Mike- Please reference post #44.
    Absolutely, unfortunately, it was a post in process when you made that. I'm way past done.

Occupation
    Even the ultra-liberal Huffington Post has reported on it.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2012438

WASHINGTON -- A 16-year-old American boy killed in an Obama administration drone strike "should have [had] a far more responsible father," Obama campaign senior adviser Robert Gibbs says in a new video released by the group We Are Change.

Abdulrahman al-Awlaki was the son of Anwar al-Awlaki, an al Qaeda propagandist killed by a U.S. drone a year ago. But the child was killed in a separate strike some two weeks after his father was killed. Gibbs wasn't entirely familiar with the situation, and didn't know that al-Awlaki's son was killed two weeks after his father was killed, a person familiar with his thinking at the time he was interviewed told HuffPost. We Are Change bills itself as a non-partisan media organization "working to expose corruption."

"I would suggest that you should have a far more responsible father if they are truly concerned about the well being of their children. I don't think becoming an al Qaeda jihadist terrorist is the best way to go about doing your business," Gibbs, the former White House press secretary, told the interviewer from We Are Change, when asked to justify "an American citizen that is being targeted without due process, without trial -- and, he's underage, he's a minor."

Gibbs had initially attempted to wave off a question about the boy. "I'm not going to get into Anwar al-Awlaki's son. I know that Anwar al-Awlaki renounced his citizenship, did great harm to people in this country." Anwar Al-Awlaki, born and educated in the U.S., was a senior al Qaeda recruiter and propagandist, American authorities have said.

But the reporter pressed him, noting that the teen had not renounced his citizenship and was underage. The Atlantic suggests that if Gibbs is giving the genuine rationale for the killing, it's grounds for impeachment.

"Again, note that this kid wasn't killed in the same drone strike as his father," writes The Atlantic's Conor Friedersdorf. "He was hit by a drone strike elsewhere, and by the time he was killed, his father had already been dead for two weeks. Gibbs nevertheless defends the strike, not by arguing that the kid was a threat, or that killing him was an accident, but by saying that his late father irresponsibly joined al Qaeda terrorists. Killing an American citizen without due process on that logic ought to be grounds for impeachment."

Friedersdorf also notes the distinction that al-Awlaki's son was not killed as a consequence of the strike against the father, but was hit separately. Esquire's Tom Junod covered the son's killing:

He was a boy who hadn't seen his father in two years, since his father had gone into hiding. He was a boy who knew his father was on an American kill list and who snuck out of his family's home in the early morning hours of September 4, 2011, to try to find him. He was a boy who was still searching for his father when his father was killed, and who, on the night he himself was killed, was saying goodbye to the second cousin with whom he'd lived while on his search, and the friends he'd made. He was a boy among boys, then; a boy among boys eating dinner by an open fire along the side of a road when an American drone came out of the sky and fired the missiles that killed them all.
    Gibbs' comments were released the same day The Washington Post published an expose on the White House's growing database of people it believes it has the authority to kill without trial.

The American Civil Liberties Union warned Wednesday in a response that the policy of "bureaucratized paramilitary killing" is illegal and will backfire.

"Anyone who thought U.S. targeted killing outside of armed conflict was a narrow, emergency-based exception to the requirement of due process before a death sentence is being proven conclusively wrong," said Hina Shamsi, director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s National Security Project, in a statement. "The danger of dispensing with due process is obvious because without it, we cannot be assured that the people in the government's death database truly present a concrete, imminent threat to the country. What we do know is that tragic mistakes have been made, hundreds of civilian bystanders have died, and our government has even killed a 16-year-old U.S. citizen without acknowledging, let alone explaining his death. A bureaucratized paramilitary killing program that targets people far from any battlefield is not just unlawful, it will create more enemies than it kills."

Thread Information