Thread: OfficeMate and DVi

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OfficeMate and DVi

From my understanding you can link the dvi wizard to the OM software. I have called OM about this but it seems no one has a clue about it. Anyone here have any experience on this subject?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we are doing something in that area within a week... basically what is put into OM, will get sent to labs directly and BYPASSING DVI. That will be a HUGE time saver for us. What I am concerned with is, will we be able to still query the pt name and track it with out the hassle of calling the lab.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That is exactly the issue I am having, putting in all the info twice is taking up alot of times that I can use to be with patients. Please let me know how it goes and how its set up, thanks.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Within OM there is a button called Vision Web, its free and were still trying to set it up and no one wants to help and all blame it on each other lol...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Officemate has a lab interface add on.. (that's right pay more $$) that you can use to order electronically to any lab. It does work in conjunction with Innovations/Labzilla, DVI, OptiFacts, and Omics. Only Labzilla and DVI will work with external labs.

If you only use labs that are on the VSP list, then you can already do this through selecting "Electronic Lab Order" right next where you would select VSP order from.

With the lab interface, you are supposed to get status updates. According to the implementation team, it will update on the patient's RX order screen. Some of the statuses they have listed in the drop down box are set up specifically for this purpose. You can also see them if you view the list on the Rx Order/Status screen (to view all orders with a specific status or for a particular range.)

I typically do not submit my lab orders in via Vision Web. I do use them for claims though. When we switched to using Officemate instead of going direct to Vision Web, they had to change a few things in our account on the VisionWeb side. Some info had to be updated, the changed our "create" button/screen for claims and orders to Import to be able to batch.

With that being said, I would not doubt if there is something that needs to occur on Vision Web's side to have them set your account up to work with Officemate. I know I had to spend a bit of time on the phone getting our stuff working together, and had at one point conferenced a call so Officemate and Vision Web could get on the same page in regards to "clean claims."

Going through my notes, it looks as if the DVI system is similar to how claim processing works. It isn't a seamless transaction the way the VSP interface works. You will batch your orders, create a file, and import it to the DVI Rx Wizard. From there you need to manually review the orders to make sure they are good, and submit them to the lab's server.

In order for the interface to work, you will need to make sure in your Vendor Maintenance area, that all you have all the lab's pertinent info. Lab management system, ID number, file paths, etc. You will also need to make sure you map the lenses appropriately as well, so the receiving lab can know exactly what you want.

Right now we are using primarily the Electronic lab ordering. The labs we use that don't work through it either have their own portal you have to use (Davis and soon Eyemed) or have a same day/next turn time so we just print the order off, and send it in manually. I didn't think it worth the extra cost for how little I would need it.

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Cassandra thank you for taking the time to give me such detailed feedback. It seems that if I go through the process at the end I will save some time but there seems to be a margin of error when transferring files around.
    Do you know who you spoke to at OM, every time I call no one seems to have a clue on what Im trying to get accomplished. Thanks again.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    after reading that id rather do it myself

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I got most of my information while I was taking the live (online) classes. Shane was the one I talked to the most.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Remember when you sign up for Vision Web, sign up under the OAA. For each job sent through visionweb, the OAA will get a kick-back, that then in turn gets your State's association a part of the kick-back. It goes a long way to helping Opticians get organized!

http://blog.visionweb.com/visionweb-...t-Announcement

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have the pdf file from OM that thoroughly explains everything that jubilee wrote about in detail. If anyone is interested and I can email the file.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    id take a copy, shannonpricephoto@gmail.com

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have seen your work at your website before and its absolutely amazing! Emailing you the file now.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wow thanks! :)

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So I have been doing alot of research on this and its very easy. Setting up DVI with OM costs time and a monthly fee. If you are already doing VSP through OM you can submit private jobs trhough officemate also when you choose "vsp private orders". The only thing is that it has to be a vsp approved lab which my primary lab is so it worked out great.

Thread Information