Thread: Optical Items for sale: Horizon 3 Edgers, 4T & Saturn Tracers, etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Optical Items for sale: Horizon 3 Edgers, 4T & Saturn Tracers, etc

I have several optical items accumulating in my storage area, and they would be much more useful elsewhere. I can provide pictures and answer any questions for those interested. I will try to get a few photos up in the next day or two anyway.

1. I have two (2) Horizon III edgers for sale, both with 20,000-50,000 cuts on them (sorry, haven't looked at them in a while). I bought them used and they sat at my house in storage for 4yrs, and then figured I should sell them. My business didn't require them like I thought they would and I never messed around with calibrating them or putting them into service. I've maybe cut 20 lenses on one of them just to test it out and learn a bit about how it works. (The edger with 52007 cuts on it has been sold. I still have the one with 24k cuts)

2. I also have one Saturn Tracer for sale. This came with the Edger. Some of the calibration tools may be available, but I'm not sure what they came with new.

3. I have a 4T tracer as well. This may be the one built with a different type of connection, as I never did hook it up to the edgers. I'm sure if you are interested you know more than me. This one does have a packet of calibration tools, power supply, etc.

4. Humphrey Autolensometer (model 350 I believe). Works just fine, this one I do know how to use!! It does have a bit of screen burn in, but I think that is the nature of these black and white screens, and really isn't noticable when the unit is on and working. I have two others of a different model for my office, so I just don't need a third. I used it a month or so ago to verify a lens I had at the house and it worked just fine.

5. BPI tint station. I believe this is the one with 9 sections, but they are absent. I also have the gradient motor with arm. Haven't tested these in a while.

6. I have several different motorized tables, some that have new table tops added to them. They would be used to hold an autorefractor. Two of them are on castors. The third one is a Heidelberg Engineering model for an HRTII laser scanning machine, which has a motorized section which is attached to the side of a cart. These would be heavy to ship just like the edgers.

7. Dream Chart made for Burton/Velo, known as the "auto 2000" and can be used with some automated phoropters. I do not have a remote for this, as it was designed to be used with a system. I do have the power cable and cable to attach it to the desktop controller (which isn't necessarily for sale, although if the price is right I could part with the Chart, phoropter, cables and desktop LCD controller).

8. I have a random optical UV detector, and also a BPI UV detector.

9. I have a volk 28D or 30D lens for sale. I could sell either as I don't need both. They seem almost equivalent for everyday use.

10. Finally, I have a power supply and case for an old Kowa portable slit lamp, as well as a few power supplies and cases for 3 old Kowa RC2 fundus cameras. I also may have random RC2 parts if anyone needs anything specifically just ask. These are quite old, but still useful. I think one went on an Apollo mission (probably not mine).

I have seen prices all over the place for these Horizon III edgers used, and am not sure what the market for them is. I know they are tanks, and if you are looking for spare parts or an extra one one you probably know that. I'm honestly not sure if these would be only good for parts or if they could be calibrated and up and running in an hour or two. If I had to guess, they look a bit nicer than the ones I've seen running, seem to be fully functional, and have no major signs of wear, so the previous owners at least took care of them from a cosmetic point of view.

I am in central Illinois, and could deliver the edgers within a few hours, or meet halfway, etc. The edgers would have to be shipped on a pallet if we can't meet. Please let me know of any questions you may have or if you want to throw out an offer on any of this. Thanks,
    Last edited by orangezero; 07-17-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    PM sent

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    good luck with sale orange... you posted on my youtube video the otherday. mine sold for 3k with 4t and ait blocker.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Just a bit more information and I'll try to add some photos. One of the edgers has 52007 on the counter, and the other has 24213. I have one "li'l mister with the cables still attached, and one original cover.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opti001.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	9953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opti002.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	9954Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opti003.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	9955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opti004.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	9956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opti005.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	9957

I wasn't real happy with how these photos turned out, but I can also make some videos to put on youtube if that would be more descriptive than the photos.
    Last edited by orangezero; 06-19-2013 at 02:51 PM.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    how much is 4-t frame tracer and where is it located? I am looking for a spare Horizon III for parts. What is your price for both? reply to ncopt@ymail.com

Occupation
    Optometrist
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uc0pq1jkdfuif76/dqYIAZfDbs

This should be a link to some photos of one of my horizon III edgers and a Saturn tracer. I can add some other photos as people express interest. Just send me a PM.

I believe I have replied to everyone's messages, but please resend if you haven't gotten a reply.

Thanks,

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    How much price for edger and 4T tracer?I need to know price lits of all item u have and more pics. Tanks Paul Email o-por999@hotmail.com

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I need a Saturn tracer my name is George my email is runr03@yahoo.com and how much you want for it?

Thread Information