Coastal Q2 results ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal Q2 results ...

2012 .. net loss for Q2 242,000 for 2013 ... 6,98 millions !!

Originally posted by oculus View Post

http://www.brandonsun.com/business/b...811.html?thx=y
    Regardless of investment, volume and market share, this is proof profit can only be derived from a successful formula. So when you sell that first pair of profitable glasses today, smile and know that you're ahead of them on the P&L statement.

The higher their sales, the higher their loss is! Duh, I would be firing that whole board of incompetent morons at the annual shareholders meeting.

Comment

[QUOTE=oculus;461579]2012 .. net loss for Q2 242,000 for 2013 ... 6,98 millions !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	868587

Comment

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	868588

Comment

Wow 6mil+ loss
          But as Chris Ryser has said: even with the mounting losses they are capturing sales form us B&M's. Question is for how long??? Plus there are tons of other onliners to choose from. Clearly's days are numbered as the competition is fierce out there to get to the bottom...

Gibby

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight2020 View Post
            Regardless of investment, volume and market share, this is proof profit can only be derived from a successful formula. So when you sell that first pair of profitable glasses today, smile and know that you're ahead of them on the P&L statement.

The higher their sales, the higher their loss is! Duh, I would be firing that whole board of incompetent morons at the annual shareholders meeting.
            Sitting back watching and smiling. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Golfnorth View Post
              Sitting back watching and smiling. :)
              Can you say abandon ship?

Comment

How many Ontario investors bought shares in on line companies presuming that online sales must be legal in Ontario otherwise they would have been shut down ?

How many of those Ontario investors will be hurt financially should their investment collapse?

Are Ontario investors considered to be the same members of the public that are protected by various rules and regulations and legislation's of Parliament ?

What defines and limits harm to the public ?

Comment

I can't help smiling when I look at this.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	868589

Comment

Originally posted by idispense View Post
                    How many Ontario investors bought shares in on line companies presuming that online sales must be legal in Ontario otherwise they would have been shut down ?
                    I don't know the Ontario law .. but I was told that in Quebec .. the sales AND delivery is a restricted act .. thats why the college of optometry is in court with Coastal .. but in Ontario only the sales would be a restricted act .. and Coastal could argue that the sales is made in BC, and the Ontario law is not saying anything about the delivery ...

Comment

I don't know the Ontario law .. but I was told that in Quebec .. the sales AND delivery is a restricted act .. thats why the college of optometry is in court with Coastal .. but in Ontario only the sales would be a restricted act .. and Coastal could argue that the sales is made in BC, and the Ontario law is not saying anything about the delivery ...
                      Ask yourself this very simple question:

Is any resident of BC, Alberta , Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Yukon, N.W.T. , or Labrador and Newfoundland exempt from the speed limits while driving in Ontario ?

Comment

Their website had another 5% increase in traffic ....................................

I have been following them for the last few years as I see them steam rolling ahead. Their website had another 5% increase in traffic over the last 3 month and is now in 7th position of all on line opticals world wide.

So do not have too much joy at this stage...........................all the glasses they have sold and are selling, you do not, while their reputation on the web is continously increasing.

They must have a plan and all of us are only looking at the loss they are showing. Why has nobody closed them down ?

Comment

Originally posted by idispense View Post
                          Ask yourself this very simple question:

Is any resident of BC, Alberta , Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Yukon, N.W.T. , or Labrador and Newfoundland exempt from the speed limits while driving in Ontario ?
                          When I ask why only Quebec is on court with Coastal, thats the explanation I got .. your Ontario reserve act have a big flaw .. the delivery is not a reserve act .... so Coastal could pretend that the sales is actually made in BC, not Ontario where it would be illegal, and since the delivery is not a reserve act in Ontario ... they can ship there ... but in Quebec the delivery is a reserve act, this is why we can try to stop them with a court order. Your comparaison is not good, since the illegal act would happen in Ontario .... Coastal pretend that their 'illegal Ontario act' is happening in BC !

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Ryser View Post
                            I have been following them for the last few years as I see them steam rolling ahead. Their website had another 5% increase in traffic over the last 3 month and is now in 7th position of all on line opticals world wide.

So do not have too much joy at this stage...........................all the glasses they have sold and are selling, you do not, while their reputation on the web is continously increasing.

They must have a plan and all of us are only looking at the loss they are showing. Why has nobody closed them down ?

Big database of customers + high traffic website + Value of the company going down = Nice take over by ESS or Lux or you name it ... our probleme will only be more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Ryser View Post

Reputation and selling products at a loss does not pay the bills. As a publicly-traded company investors want to see results and a few more results like Q2 that was just released would be disasterous for all shareholders. Granted they are selling lots of glasses that my fellow brothers and sisters in the profession are not but for how long can this continue in it's current form?

Comment

Working...
                              X